Visual Basic: An introduction Part 1

thegoodlist

Reaction score
So. You've just got hold of a copy of visual basic and you're eager to learn. As i learnt when i started out it can be very hard to find a decent visual basic tutorial on the net, especially one for a complete beginner. So, open VB, get ya coding hat on, grab a beer(only 1 mind :innocent: ) and lets get started!

Before i get started on actual coding let me enphasise the importance of keeping things clean when dealing with VB, if you already know other languages then you may apreciate this. In VB when naming items always give them practical names, usually with a short prefix. Here are a few examples...

A text box for a user to enter a username into, a name like "txtusername" might suite this, i generally prefix my names, for example textboxes i prefix with "txt" for command buttons i prefix them with "cmd".

Also if you later decide to release your code, commenting is always a good idea. You can comment text in vb by putting a ' before it. E.g.

'This text is commented

Thats my tip of the day lol, ill add the second part tomorrow which will cover the creation of your first program!