Wacom Introduces Bamboo Stylus For iPad

ciril tomy

Reaction score
map-stylus.png
Design, ergonomics and natural feel deliver premium writing and sketching experience to iPad users
20th April 2011 – Drawing on its experience and pedigree achieved through the development of interactive professional and consumer pen tablets, Wacom® today announces the Bamboo® Stylus. The pen is designed specifically for the Apple® iPad®. It offers an intuitive way to experience note-taking, sketching, drawing and other forms of creative expression on the popular iPad.
Touch has revolutionised computing and how users interact with their devices. Using the Bamboo Stylus further enhances numerous applications designed for the iPad by allowing users to express themselves and personalise their work. The stylus brings a more accurate and precise way to take notes in meetings and classroom settings or to sketch out rough ideas while on the go. It gives creative thinkers the opportunity to be expressive and visualise their life.
The authentic and satisfying feel of the stylus is achieved through subtle design elements, such as a sophisticated black and silver design with satin-textured metal body, a focus on ergonomic comfort and balanced weighting of the pen. In addition, the fine tip gives the user more detail control.
Ideal for handwriting notes, giving a personal touch when editing documents, drawing, sketching and much more, the Bamboo Stylus enriches the way in which users interact with their iPad. Users can now be even more creative, using it in the way that suits them.
Features and Benefits

• Improves experiences with applications for sketching
• Sophisticated black and silver design with satin-textured metal body
• 25 percent slimmer tip than main competitors (6mm vs. 8mm)
• Weight-balanced design
• Smooth soft tip for best pen-on-screen feeling
• Compatible with all media tablets using the same capacitive touch technology as the iPad
• Exchangeable pen nib
• 9mm pen barrel
• 120mm pen length
• Pen weight: 20g
Bamboo Stylus Availability

Available from mid-May in select Asia Pacific regions. Please visit www.bamboostylus.wacom.asia for more information.

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If you didn't have so many previous posts I'd have said:

569f2df1-5294-f75e.jpg

...just looks like it is, that's all

I've included it anyway because it's funny.

sankalpgarud98

Reaction score
Thats a nice one, especially useful for designers who are constantly on the move...
But do you think a professional designer would ever design anything on an ipad or any other tablet just simply neglecting a pc or a mac. I think it useful for nursery kids, to learn abcd more :p
Anyways, thanks for the post... I would never prefer to design on an ipad.