Chrome?

tri30t

Reaction score
Is chrome worth getting? I hear its faster than firefox, but I havn't heard anything on its customization, which is part of the reason I use firefox. Any input?

FalseHope

Reaction score
It has no customization. It's their first browser. It's quite useless to be honest. It's a nice basic browser for the time being.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Geez, if any of you were CS Majors maybe you'd think differently... its pretty fricken amazing. Its a great idea... maybe not the BEST looking browser or the most customizable but look at what they are doing. They are helping shape our future browsers. Like IE and FF won't go for multi-process tabs and such after google has shown that it works. Whether or not google will try to make this browser popular I don't know. What I do know is that the ideas and the things they have done and shown people how to do was the real goal of this project, which I think most people are missing.

Hopefully this means IE and FF will get a hint and start using these kind of things to make their browsers much faster and more secure.

Yeah.. Came back just to say that :)

p.s. had to add I am in chrome right now ...

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
lol Jake welcome back for this brief period of time:)

SukidoNymira

Reaction score
Since the first public release was about a week ago, don't expect it to blow the other browsers away immediatly. But its VERY impressive from what I've seen so far.

Give Google a little more time to tweak Chrome and we'll have those bugs fixed and more options to play with :biggrin:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Please Please read the 3 other threads. We don't need a 4th... I belive those threads answers your questions. And yeh, it's pretty fast unless you use flash.

fierce

Reaction score
I've downloaded Chrome today but it's nothing special..it's not fast and don't open some sites ..I've expected more of Google..

Last edited:

mavdude

Reaction score
I've downloaded Chrome today but it's nothing special..it's not fast and don't open some sites ..I've expected more of Google..

well it is a suprisingly simple design.. perhaps a bit too simple

BeTuned

Reaction score
As I have said many times before:

Google is an Empire that will soon rule the internet world. (And kill all the internet jews... JK)

Visit this page: http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Google

lolz, imo, google deserves it to be the leading company on the internet. They created alot of useful things. they started Gmail (that's why you have that much space on your Yahoo!, Windows Live mail etc...). They started the text-ad rage (AdSense). And i'm pretty sure you used Google Maps one time?

And the best part, you can use it for free...

Where would we be without google?
(Negative: they collect alot of privacy data :happysad:)