New website design, uncomplete, but amazing!

xsilent

Reaction score
So people, I've been working hard on this design. Well, not too hard, but I've been trying what looks best, and only the best. It's not finished yet, but I just want some outsider opinions on what looks good and what needs to be changed.

I want some C&C on the design, be harsh, I can handle it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/qpnkgo.jpg

Oh, I know the logo needs some work, I just threw that text on there for a placeholder. I'm looking for opinions on the graphical side.

Last edited:

Trixter

Reaction score
I don't like it. the headers fine as a piece of art but not a website header. the rest is... well... too much like a print add.

you need to work on layout, spacing and flow and some menus might help give it a better feel. (even placeholders will change the entire feel of the piece and give it a more site feel)

Last edited:

goldy30

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with trixter. There's nothing really to it bar the flairy header. You haven't displayed any form or talent with the layout as a web designer and I was wondering if you were going to have navigation? Simple web templates at least display header, navigation, body and sometimes a footer. All I see is header and body. A user is suppose to be so impressed with whats there they should just email you?

By the way my work is no oil painting but just some food for thought... no offence :)

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with the above. It looks like everything is just floating there.

Take a look at this, http://neilhanlon.co.cc/Designs/CNC/

You can see that everything has a place. I would try again on your design.

xsilent

Reaction score
Yes, I notice that there isn't much to it, that is because it's not nearly complete. I was just asking for opinions on the header design. Navigation and a footer will be added soon, and aligning everything will be done too. Thanks for the comments though, it helps!

zen-r

Reaction score
Jeesh guys, he said "I'm looking for opinions on the graphical side." - can't you read? The text is just temporary.

Personally, I rather like your artwork. It has a hypnotic feel to it - reminds me a bit of the tie-dye effect popular in the sixties!

Whether your artwork is actually suitable will depend very much on what website it is intended to be used with.