review color combination

neteater

Reaction score
hi i am developing a new website which is http://bestofptcsites.50webs.com/
currently this site is in under construction so some links are not working i want all your advice about color combination coz i am confuse a little red color i smine fav color so plz provide some review and suggetion about its color combination

Jordan C

Reaction score
I like it! Its a mix of all different colors and its done in a nice way, unlike most other sites.

Did you code this all by yourself?

neteater

Reaction score
well to be true 90% concept and coding is mine and some styles are inspired by other site

frankfriend

Reaction score
The colour combinations look OK side by side. The large square boxes with text in the them have a slight problem - the shading darkens too much in the centre and makes the lettering hard to read. Try different gradient patterns and perhaps go for a lighter centre, with a darker edge.

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You definitely don't know how to make glass effect. Try to google some tutorials on that. I could make you one but I don't know what software you are using.

And that table with borders is not a good idea. You could make one box for "BESTPTC RECOMENDED" title and the table (like above) and apply slightly darker gray the the background.

If you want big navigation buttons use a bigger font to fit them.

Last edited:

cuillini

Reaction score
The colors are okay but in certain places there is a white gradient and on top of it there is white text.

That makes it hard to read.

freecrm

Reaction score
I've just tested it in IE6... :)

The top menu tabs are an issue. Assuming they are in .png format, IE6 doesn't like them... but there is a fix (bit complex unfortunately).

In addition, the on hover attribute just lifts the tab up but the tops are then cut off (within the .menu div?)

Your top gif for the main white content has become detached from the background colour, making an ugly transparent line.

Same applies for the grey container. The bottom gif in this case is too high so you can see the background of the gifs.

I'm not too keen on the multiple colours.