domain question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that is possible.

The first step would be setting the name servers for the domain at your registrar to be ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com (setting A record does work, but name servers are recommended).

Next would be adding the domain as parked domain in cPanel if you want both addresses to work, if you are comfortable with having only the domain you bought you can set it as your main domain in account panel (or during sign up)

Currently it doesn't look as you have an hosting account, there's none attached to your forum account at least.

wardogz1919

Reaction score
Yes that is possible.

The first step would be setting the name servers for the domain at your registrar to be ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com (setting A record does work, but name servers are recommended).

Next would be adding the domain as parked domain in cPanel if you want both addresses to work, if you are comfortable with having only the domain you bought you can set it as your main domain in account panel (or during sign up)

Currently it doesn't look as you have an hosting account, there's none attached to your forum account at least.

This account dosen't have the hosting the hosting account is lifeorde I don't know the forum account for lifeorde

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
This account dosen't have the hosting the hosting account is lifeorde I don't know the forum account for lifeorde
The forum account linked to that hosting is: lifeordeath

Remember that you will need to login with that at least once every 31 days to keep it active. Also I highly recommend using that for support questions, especially account specific ones.

lifeordeath

Reaction score
The forum account linked to that hosting is: lifeordeath

Remember that you will need to login with that at least once every 31 days to keep it active. Also I highly recommend using that for support questions, especially account specific ones.

Lol as you can probably tell I found the account

but yes I have the domain set for main but for some strange reason after updateing the namservers and stuff it takes me to old site.....

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
changes to domains, such as changing name servers can take up to 48 hours. Most of the time it's only a matter of an hour though.

You could try to flush your dns cache to force your computer to look for new information on what IP the domain is located at.

If you need information about how to flush dns cache you can find that here for a few operating systems: http://kb.x10hosting.com/questions.php?questionid=16

lifeordeath

Reaction score
changes to domains, such as changing name servers can take up to 48 hours. Most of the time it's only a matter of an hour though.

You could try to flush your dns cache to force your computer to look for new information on what IP the domain is located at.

If you need information about how to flush dns cache you can find that here for a few operating systems: http://kb.x10hosting.com/questions.php?questionid=16

welli cleared it but when ever I try to access my site in FTP client it says my password is wrong

This is error

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 146 of 500 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 18:25. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 3 minutes of inactivity.
Command: USER ********
Response: 331 ********* OK. Password required
Command: PASS ********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed

Last edited:

rannow

Reaction score
Yes that is possible.

I need a few more details about setting up my domain as my "main domain" in account panel. My domain is sunrise-housing.com and I want people to use that to view my web site rather than my x10 domain of sunrisehousing.x10hosting.com. I can't see how to do that in account panel.

Thanks,
Todd

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
login to account panel (x10hosting.com/panel.php) click on "modify your account" in the right hand menu. Or if you are already logged in this is the direct link: http://x10hosting.com/panel.php?modifyaccount

This opens a form to change settings, including domain for your account. Untick "Use subdomain" and you will be able to enter the domain in the field for "main account domain". Add your domain without www.

Also the domain you're adding as your main can not be set as parked or add on domain already.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
login to account panel (x10hosting.com/panel.php) click on "modify your account" in the right hand menu. Or if you are already logged in this is the direct link: http://x10hosting.com/panel.php?modifyaccount

This opens a form to change settings, including domain for your account. Untick "Use subdomain" and you will be able to enter the domain in the field for "main account domain". Add your domain without www.

Also the domain you're adding as your main can not be set as parked or add on domain already.

Status
Not open for further replies.