Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

moziux10

Reaction score
Hello -

I'm in the process of setting up a new free hosting account w/Wordpress, and in testing things out, I just received the following error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at corey@x10hosting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

All I did was post a new page via WP - my main index page loads fine, but I get this error every time I load the individual page.

Any ideas?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi moziux10,

Please could I have a link to the page that is showing this error message? :)

Thank you,

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The issue is with the name it's rewriting the URL too, it's way too long, it should be 4 or 5 words at most.

moziux10

Reaction score
Hi Corey -
Thanks for the reply. Could you please be a bit more specific? I've tried editing a few sample page titles to be shorter and am still experiencing the error.

Thanks!

moziux10

Reaction score
I've also tried adjusting the permalink settings to both /?p=22 and /name-of-my-page, and the error still persists.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

When I clicked the link you provided it redirected me to a page that had something like 20 words in the title\URL. I'm assuming you're using mod_rewrite for this, a URL that long is going to cause some issues. So instead of the page being 20 words long separated by dashes you should see about minimizing it to 4 or 5 words. If you're still having the issue after doing so, let me know.

moziux10

Reaction score
Hi Corey -

I deleted all of the posts and created just one with a small name (see www.moziu.com), and the error still persists. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Most issues with Wordpress are caused by plugins, can you disable zencache and any other plugins one at a time to see if this resolves the issue?

After disabling the plugin wait up to 60 seconds to see if it worked, also try CTRL+F5 and\or CTRL+SHIFT+F5 to do a hard refresh so your browser does not show you cached content.

moziux10

Reaction score
All plug-ins are disabled, and I'm still getting the error. However, some of the page layout now loads, and the error message seems to be in the content error.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Try switching to the default theme to rule out a theme issue.

moziux10

Reaction score
Ok - so it's apparently the theme... Any clue how to debug where in the theme the issue is being caused?

brittbr2

Reaction score
Make sure your theme is up to date because some themes are not compatible with the latest wordpress I have wordpress on my site and have had that issue due to a theme

Status
Not open for further replies.