Ajax based new posts

vinkin

Reaction score
Hi friends,

I was looking for a plugin for MyBB 1.4.x.
I need the new posts & new thread updated automatically using ajax like the Ispy feature on vBulletin software.

Can anybody help me in finding it for me ? or Help me in coding it ? as I am not good in JS as PHP :(

Thanks in Advance.

kkenny

Reaction score
Like, do you want your index.php to refresh automatically when someone else posts?
Or in the thread it auto refreshes when someone else posts in that certain thread?

I could see problems interfering with Auto Reply that myBB has built in.

vinkin

Reaction score
I want a page in which all new posts and threads submitted should be shown without refreshing the whole page thats all.
Refreshing the whole page will take lot of bandwidth and its not good to keep on refreshing the page every 5 or 6 sec once.

kkenny

Reaction score
How often do posts accumulate on your forums (like how often do you have someone who post 1 post?)

vinkin

Reaction score
It depends because some off time it will be like 3 or 4 sec one posts when all members are online and some time at night no post at all.
You can check the stats of my site to get a better idea
www.indiachatforum.co.cc

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Discussion on the MyBB forums. Seems the people liked the idea but nobody really worked on it.

Last edited:

xadrieth

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is what you want, but:

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/xspy-plugin

By live activity feed, do you mean something like this:
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/events

If that is the case, then it could be somewhat easy to create a PHP script to grab the Post data from the database, the only tricky part is having the AJAX thing display.

Gimmie a few extra weeks months and I'll have AJAX conqured and i can try to make this plugin. (actually doesn't seem that hard)

vinkin

Reaction score
Ya its not that hard but not getting the exact connections to start with.
I took the xspy plugin and modified a few things as I want but the main problem i am having with that plugin is it is missing posts inbetween,
Ex If I keep on posting 10 posts from 1 to 10 it will miss 3 -4 posts thats the problem, any solution for it ?
Edit:
@king 24
What point do you not agree with ?

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I might be able to write something for you. Just need something clarified.

You don't want the view topic page updated? You just want one page that lists all the new topics and replies as they come in?

vinkin

Reaction score
Yes correct.
For reference you can see any of the vBulletin forums with Ispy installed, latest 20 posts and threads should come in one page thats all.

It would be very kind if you get it done or even just guide me for that :)

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
I should have something that works either extremely late today or tomorrow.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
http://exchangecore.com/download/3

First release :) Let me know if you have any problems.
Right now it displays new posts and replies. It is able to detect permissions. So if the user doesn't have permission to a particular forum it will not show stuff from there.

The next release will allow you to add many more alerts such as new registrations, logins, calendars, etc. I expect to have that one out sometime this week. I'll let you know when it happens.

Product page for this will be http://www.exchangecore.com/resources/mybb/fspy once I get around to making it.

Last edited:

vinkin

Reaction score
checking now, will update soon with all the details
Edit:
Just now installed and checked, sorry but its not working :(
Its not showing any posts at all. I my self posted and check its not showing anything :(

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Did you activate the plugin in the MyBB ACP? It seems as if it can't find the template.

vinkin

Reaction score
Sorry was out for a few days,

Yes I had activated the plugin and the page was loading too but the posts never got updated there so I have disabled the plugin again.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Try the new file I've attached. I forgot one of the javascript files.

Attachments

• Forum Spy.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 15

vinkin

Reaction score
I was busy for a week as of festival so now trying, thanks
Edit:
wow it worked like a charm... THANK YOU.

I am going to make a few small changes in them and once i finish it ill update to you with the changes.
Thanks a lot man.
Edit:
I checked it now and there is a slight problem, it does not update the post automatically. only when we refresh the page new posts are being shown

Last edited: