filtering out domains from google result

Discussion in 'Scripts, 3rd Party Apps, and Programming' started by galaxyAbstractor, Apr 11, 2010.

1. galaxyAbstractor

galaxyAbstractor Community Advocate Community Support

Is there a way to remove domains from showing up in google results and replaced with another result from the next page with javascript?

I want to filter out those always irrelevant download sites that always interfere with what you really are looking after.

2. spadija

spadija New Member

Try adding "-site:domain-to-remove" to the search query. Just like you can use "site:" to restrict results to a certain domain, you can put a minus sign before it to filter out results from that domain. For example, "google -site:google.com" will get you search results about google from everywhere except google.com.

Check out Google's page on search filtering for more info. http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?answer=136861

3. galaxyAbstractor

galaxyAbstractor Community Advocate Community Support

Well, it works, but I was thinking of making a firefox addon to do it, and there is 100's of site I want to filter out, and google got a query size limit so I bet those domains wont fit.