Is there a way for me to use filezilla

DeanIndus

Reaction score
The directupload ftp thingy is annoying and doesnt work for me. Can I use filezilla to upload my files and stuff? If so then how?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you can use filezilla and connect to the server via ftp.

For host you put your domain (without www or http(s)), for user/pass you can either create an ftp account in DirectAdmin, or the DirectAdmin user/pass combination.

To find your DirectAdmin details: login to the panel, on the dashboard you'll see "Your Services", if you click the service name (ie what says "xxxxx @ x#" you get the information about your account, with an option to change the password for DirectAdmin if you need to.

If you prefer to create a separate ftp account you just go to the "Hosting Control Panel" and under "Account Manager" you chose the option that says "FTP Management", at the right edge you will have a button that says "Create FTP Account".
On the following page you get to set the username and password as well as chose what type of ftp account you want to create.
If you chose "Domain" you will only be able to access the files specific to the domain you create the user under (drop down at the top will let you chose which if you have more then one added to the account), "User" gives you a specific folder inside the public_html named as the username, "Custom" lets you see the same tree as you see in the file manager if you leave it at the default Directory setting. The "FTP" option isn't really useful when it comes to updating your site as it would set the public_ftp directory as the access folder.
Note that an account you create will have a user with a format that looks like an email address, with @Domain.com being important. The

DeanIndus

Reaction score
Yes, you can use filezilla and connect to the server via ftp.

For host you put your domain (without www or http(s)), for user/pass you can either create an ftp account in DirectAdmin, or the DirectAdmin user/pass combination.

To find your DirectAdmin details: login to the panel, on the dashboard you'll see "Your Services", if you click the service name (ie what says "xxxxx @ x#" you get the information about your account, with an option to change the password for DirectAdmin if you need to.

If you prefer to create a separate ftp account you just go to the "Hosting Control Panel" and under "Account Manager" you chose the option that says "FTP Management", at the right edge you will have a button that says "Create FTP Account".
On the following page you get to set the username and password as well as chose what type of ftp account you want to create.
If you chose "Domain" you will only be able to access the files specific to the domain you create the user under (drop down at the top will let you chose which if you have more then one added to the account), "User" gives you a specific folder inside the public_html named as the username, "Custom" lets you see the same tree as you see in the file manager if you leave it at the default Directory setting. The "FTP" option isn't really useful when it comes to updating your site as it would set the public_ftp directory as the access folder.
Note that an account you create will have a user with a format that looks like an email address, with @Domain.com being important. The
tysm! i spent like 5 hours trying to find a fix and this helped a lot!