Looking for opinion on my 1st site.

scynge29

Reaction score
http://cagc.x10.mx/
This is the first site I've ever made and I was looking for opinions on it.
still working on adding a few more things to it also, so this is just a start for a beginner.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you can make it more better, much better!!

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
still working on adding a few more things to it also, so this is just a start for a beginner.

Hi,
If you can make the following changes,I think the site may look great.
Currently it looks good any way.
The title or main heading -- Bigger font + Bold + Italic
Left meny font = White or Yellow (to make it visible in the darker background)
So is the case with right menu font
There are similarly looking templates in wordpress if you donot want the core html programming which is cumbersome
I suggest you can use wordpress or joomla cms and add a forum .
All are free and you have a few databases here.
More info

www.joomla.org
www.wordpress.org
www.smf.org

Regards,
VVBB

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Coding your first website from scratch is a steep learning curve, every budding designers first sites are less than perfect
and I shudder in horror looking back at some of mine so don't lose heart.

On the flipside, you have a head full of ideas and want a site up quickly. Joomla is probably the best way to do it, simple and reliable.
Alternatively using a ready made website template and tweeking the images to suit your requirements is another way.

Code:
    </div><!-- end of body content -->
   </div>
  </body>
 </div                         <----------------OOOPS!</html>

Last edited:

scynge29

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies
I'm learning html/css programming from a book I've got, and I like it pretty well so far.
I've got a forum up now linked to it, and I am working on a comment area on the front page of the site, but I am having problems with it (but I won't get into that here as I know its not the correct area)
Thank again

bullupload98

Reaction score
I'd suggest you to change background. From personal perspective, the background is too sharp for me, it burns in my eyes at the moment. I don't wanna be rude, but the background NEEDS to be improved, and sized better so it'd fit into the page. :)

scynge29

Reaction score
I will defenitly look into that then :)
no rudeness taken at all
thanks

scynge29

Reaction score
alright the background is changed now to something that will hopefully do a little better I think

teeyo985

Reaction score

Well, for me :

that text should be justify

If you are looking for a game to play, or are looking for more people for a game you are playing then let me know about it and I'll get it posted on the event page.
I'm still making updates to the site so if there are any games you would like to see links to, send me a message through the form on the contact page or straight to my email (which is at the bottom of the contact page) and I will see what I can get done about it. Or you can check out the forum for this site that is now up and running.
This site is in no way affiliated with "Wizards of The Coast" or any other gaming companies.

the background of that text would be more attractive if it's unique, like if you make the background-color silver and draw a border !

and that menu needs a title like the one in the right menu "Stores in Central AR"

and finaly add a page footer that should look like the header where you wrote

This site is available to help the people in central Arkansas to find like minded people to join in the fun of different games.

in that page footer you can write the famous sentence "Powered by XXXXXX all right reserved | copyright 2010-2011" or something like that !

Hop that helps :)

scynge29

Reaction score
Ok I know I asked for opinions when I first put my site up, but I have changed some things and added some more things to it.
Was wondering if I could get some feedback on it.

http://cagc.x10.mx

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll be back in a little while with a more detailed (and, I hope, helpful) critique, but I should point out right from the start that I'm not the only user who keeps Java (and Flash, via a Flash-block extension) disabled in the browser. I was going to say that your pages needed some sort of titling element -- until I did a View->Source and saw that you're using a Java applet for that purpose.

There is only one piece of advice I can give you about applets: don't use them. Ever. They made sense twenty years ago, but there's not a lot you can do with Java applets that you can't do without them, and there are so many security and compatibility issues with them that they're simply not worth using anymore. There is a better way, and we can help you find it.

There are other problems as well, but none that can't be solved, and part of giving feedback is suggesting solutions to problems. That's why I'll be back later -- it's going to take a while to come up with some tips that will make your site more readable, more usable and a little more modern.

Darkmere

Reaction score
You have some contrast errors, your Background Images have extreme highlights and shadows. So when your text spans across and hits a highlight area your text literally disappears. In my opinion I would due away with the background images, and if you must have a background images use one and use a texture rather than a full blown scenery. Then a solid header image would do nicely. Next I would organize your elements a little better; to me they look as if they are random size and placement.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Looking at your source I noticed there is some tag issues where they are not closed properly ie. </div instead of a </div> as this is not a huge prob some of the times because Browsers have a Kwirky Mode which corrects errors like that before rendering the page; the larger you code gets the more wacky your page will look, because the browser on Kwirkies Mode has to make an Intelligent Guess on what you actually want. If I may suggest that you Validate your code. As this is not a "must do" it will help you find errors in your code

Last edited:

bucklehead55

Reaction score
Very good job. Keep up the hard work. One thing about being a site builder is you will always find something you think you can improve. It's just human nature, even if it does not need improving. I do it all the time. The most important thing to me is to make it user friendly. Remember it's your customers/members you want to please, not me or anyone else who builds sites. Your doing great. Just keep working and trying new things, hey it's your site. Here is a helpful html generator I think you will appreciate as you continue, it always helped me when I started out and I still use it today. http://www.hypergurl.com/generators/htmlgenerator.html Remember there is a whole list of generators from this site. Keep up the great work and keep your customers/members in mind first on how you can make the site as easy to use as possible. Most people on the internet are not computer literate so to say, they want to be able to easily access what they want easily. If they have to struggle it defers them from staying. Again your doing great, just continue on. The best to you and your ventures.

scynge29

Reaction score
I took the Java applet out, which helped alot since It wouldn't load on my wifes laptop, but now the site will come up without it. I'm working on changing the colors/backgrounds also to be better legible.
I dont offend easily so no need to worry about that.
And I would love to find different ways to do things, as the only things I've learned are form one book I have, and from what I've found online to try.

infodatosweb41

Reaction score
espero lograr algo asi como tu sitio quizas econ joomla selogre algo a si o quizas me

espero lograr algo asi como tu sitio quizas econ joomla selogre algo a si o quizas mejor