Mandatory password reset issue

bladminx

Reaction score
I requested the password reset yesterday using the same log in information I used to access this forum, but I still haven't received the instructions. In other words, my e-mail address is correct, since I've been able to log in here.

Thank you in advance for your help!

bladminx

Reaction score
Yes, I have tried that a couple of times. Anyway, I'm talking about the mandatory password reset notice that we get when we try to access the control panel through https://x10hosting.com/login

"Any account that has not been accessed since September 3rd, 2021 must do a password reset."

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It looks like the link between your hosting and panel accounts is broken right now. Can you please follow these steps?

1. Make sure your password is secure here on the forums. You can change it here: https://community.x10hosting.com/community/account/security
* Must contain 1 lowercase letter
* Must contain 1 uppercase letter
* Must contain 1 number
* Must contain 1 symbol
* Must be between 8 and 25 characters long
2. Sign up for a new account (this will not touch your existing account, we will just overwrite the missing information in the database)
* use your email that you are already using
* use this forum username
* use the strong password from step 1
3. Look for the verification email and verify your account

Please let me know when these steps are done.

bladminx

Reaction score
It looks like the link between your hosting and panel accounts is broken right now. Can you please follow these steps?

1. Make sure your password is secure here on the forums. You can change it here: https://community.x10hosting.com/community/account/security
* Must contain 1 lowercase letter
* Must contain 1 uppercase letter
* Must contain 1 number
* Must contain 1 symbol
* Must be between 8 and 25 characters long
2. Sign up for a new account (this will not touch your existing account, we will just overwrite the missing information in the database)
* use your email that you are already using
* use this forum username
* use the strong password from step 1
3. Look for the verification email and verify your account

Please let me know when these steps are done.
Hi! Sorry it took me so long. I have tried to sign up using the same address but it won't let me...

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! Sorry it took me so long. I have tried to sign up using the same address but it won't let me...
I went and filled the blanks in the backend.
Can you please try doing the password reset now?

bladminx

Reaction score
Thank you! I have finally been able to reset the password. However, when I access the file manager it looks empty... I can't even see the basic directory tree. And if I refresh the page it logs me out and I can't go back in...

Also when I go to one of my pages through the browser I get a 404... Have my files been deleted? :(