My Windows generated texts are italic

Matthews255

Reaction score
I have seen that alot of my fonts are in italic, like the main Dreamweaver menu, with the recent files, thats italic and the turn off and log off headers are italic.

Also the shutting down windows text is italic.

Help!!! this is annoying.

Thanks alot
~Matthews255

hartap

Reaction score
what u mean with all italic.., are u trying windows theme ..? or something like that ..?

motogawa

Reaction score
Have you checked you computers display properties under appearance and click advanced.

Dub_Dude

Reaction score
im having the same problem, most text on a webpage is in italics(IE and Firefox), the logging in, off message is in italics too. And the idea you came up with didn't work, its frustrating grrrrrr lol

Last edited:

motogawa

Reaction score
Hmmm I'll research this and if I find an answer ill post it up asap.

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
first check your system...go to control pannel and do all that other stuff...if you find nothing wrong there then take it to someone who is an expert...like the geek squad from bestbuy

Matthews255

Reaction score
thing is, everythings fine, no reason for it to be italic.

i used that xammp thingy thats the local php server, that ran a CMD window and didnt make a htdocs folder as it should have, and then after running it i cant delete it coz its being used by another person or program.

dub_dude, thats exactly what i have, AVG finds no viruses and MS anti spyware and Ad-Aware finds nothing.

EDIT:

heres what its like, and people with google homepage will see the diference.

http://www.ghostgfx.co.uk/thehell.jpg

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Maybe you should boot into safe mode and try running a virus scan and a spyware scan. Running a scan in safe mode usually yields more results of viruses and spyware on your computer.

dsfreak

Reaction score
OMG, its aliens. When I decided to run Linux, after a day of running it, this happened. I will try to find some settings in Windows to tweak with.. An alternative is that you could have ur windows CD, put it in, and restore all original files, and I guarantee (99.99%) that that would fix it.

Matthews255

Reaction score
I have the Xampp thingy, i ran it and it went odd and didnt install anything.

now i cant delete it.

Its being used by another person or program.

But it didnt make a htdocs folder. so its not doing anything.

dsfreak

Reaction score
Well, what you might want to do is 1) Ctrl Alt Delete and try to find xampp or mysql or FTP etc in the processes. Next, you would have to open up your services list, and try to find the service Mysql, Apache, Apache 2, FTP etc, and stop them, and remove them. Then, try to delete it, which should work, unless you can find the process or service. If you want, we could maybe use a Window's Remote Assistance thing..... If you would like more help, just ask here.

Matthews255

Reaction score
i just got rin of the xampp exe file, Safe mode with command prompt :D

the italics are still there. so thats annoying.

in 2 weeks time when i have a week off im gonna wipe my pc and do it all again.

im due one anyway.

oab

Reaction score
control panel > display > appearance > advanced

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
IamShipon1988 said:
first check your system...go to control pannel and do all that other stuff...if you find nothing wrong there then take it to someone who is an expert...like the geek squad from bestbuy

ugh dont take it to the geek squad at best buy
they overcharge.. unless of course your computer was purchased there and is still under warranty..

i had one computer fixed there; after their 30 day policy, the problems came back. so im never going back.

i believe its a display issue.. look for it in your control panel, im sure its just a setting, not anything major like a virus. if a virus were able to get onto your system, why woudl the virus writer make everything italicized when it can function to destroy programs?

Matthews255

Reaction score
AVG says nothing and MS Anti-Spyware and Ad aware SE says nothing.

And its not a display thing, as the user settings are nothing when the computer is on the Blue Shutdown screen.

Windows is Shutting Down..

I use Win Xp Pro.

Matthews255

Reaction score
This requires a new post.

I have just downloaded a Screensaver from http://matrixscreensaver.150m.com/

i have got all the previous versions and the .exe files worked.

now i get the new one and when i open it...

The same thing happens with that as with the xampp exe file.

a cmd window opens and puts loads of _ everywhere.

Then starts the printer kickin out blank pages.

this is odd.