Need urgent help rendering

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I need urgent help rendering an animation I made for my end-project in 3D.

It would take me 225 hours if I render it on my PC alone, but I need to hand it in by Friday otherwise I wont get my grades.

I need 10 - 20 people that could take a couple of frames each.

Requirements are:
Autodesk Maya 2011, there is a free 30-day trial to get at autodesks website - so this isn't a problem if you don't have it. Old versions wont work.
A good CPU, preferably 2GHz+ and a dual-core
Some 2 - 4 GB RAM
A decent graphics card
Decent upload speed to upload ~100 MB

On my computer, that has 3GHz core 2 duo and 4GB ram it takes around 18 minutes per frame, and there is 750 frames that needs to be done... Therefore if 10 people could take 75 frames each and has same render times, I could finish it in 1 day.

I myself got 2 PCs I can use, but one of them BSoDs from time to time, so it can only render until it BSoDs, then I have to start it again, which maybe I can't as I'm in school/sleep.

While it renders it is often possible to use the computer, but it might be a bit slow. Surfing sites works ok, playing games usually doesn't...

I'll give further instructions when I got a couple of people.

Who's in it to help me get my grade? :)

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You already know what kind of specs I have to play around with. Right now I have an i7 running at 3.5Ghz (overclocked) along with 2 GTX480s and a GTX280 soon to be replaced with a GTX480. I'll just have to download Autodesk Maya.

If you can tell me what you're rendering, it'd give me a better idea of how long it will take me to render this.

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You already know what kind of specs I have to play around with. Right now I have an i7 running at 3.5Ghz (overclocked) along with 2 GTX480s and a GTX280 soon to be replaced with a GTX480. I'll just have to download Autodesk Maya.

If you can tell me what you're rendering, it'd give me a better idea of how long it will take me to render this.

min sample: 2
max sample: 3

reflection 8
refraction 8
max trace depth 16
shadow 8

final gather accuracy 500

I'll PM you the file