Network card driver unloads

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So, I have an issue when playing minecraft online.

I check on my network card in the device manager and it says it's working properly.
When I connect to a server in minecraft, it instantly says "no drivers are installed for this device" and I lose internet. I have to do a complete reboot to fix it. I can play minecraft online on ubuntu thought, so it isn't the router.

I have tried to reinstall windows but it is still doing this... Al drivers are already installed so I don't really know what to do. Any ideas?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you have the latest drivers installed for your NIC? Might be crashing the driver over an excess amount of UDP Data (if Minecraft uses that).

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you have the latest drivers installed for your NIC? Might be crashing the driver over an excess amount of UDP Data (if Minecraft uses that).

I think I have the latest, but I'll check. And I think mc uses TCP but I am not sure. But I don't think it is that because I use p2p alot with like 5MB/s without any problems.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Some development: I have now removed the driver and let windows use the default driver. Now when I login to minecraft, I can be in for some seconds then be kicked out without it affecting the rest of the computer (Internet does not go down anymore). Any ideas?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Visit your network card's Settings in the Device Manager and post up what each setting is set for. I'd like to check those.