PageSpeed Module

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jensen, Apr 1, 2015.

1. jensen

jensen Active Member

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module

Was reading about the PageSpeed Module and was wondering if this feature would be incorporated into the Free Hosting Servers?

Initially thought that it was something the end user can install in their hosts but I think it's more of the hosting server. Any thoughts?

2. leafypiggy

leafypiggy Manager of Pens and Office Supplies Staff Member

We can't support mod_pagespeed--you would have to make the changes on your own site to optimize for caching, etc. :)

3. Corey

Corey I Break Things Staff Member

I think they're depreciating mod pagespeed for the new HTTP 2 standard. The main issue with this is that it's not something we can have turned on by default because it makes some invasive changes for serving your content. So that means we'd need to come up with a solution to allow users to turn it on individually, with our current free hosting setup we try to avoid large configurations and frequent restarts so it would not be the easiest thing to implement. We can definitely revisit it later in the year if there is enough interest though.

4. jensen

jensen Active Member

Thank you for keeping us up to speed on technology for the web.
    Sometimes (especially when there's no date on the article) we cannot tell if "The latest technique" is really the latest or out dated. In this age we live in, things change so fast.