[PHPBB] Installing Skins

Gun Mac

Reaction score
Here a tutorial of installing a skin to your board. Any version of phpBB will be the same, whatever verison your using.

1. Download the skin that you wanted to install
2. Most Windows ( Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000) Some of them do not extract the files for you. So you will need to download WinZip Free Trial 9.0
3. Now that you have extract or have already extract it. Now it is the time to log in to your ftp.
4. Open your template folder public_html > Name > Template
5. Make the template name as the template name you have installed.
6. Upload everything inside, make sure you did not miss anything.
7. Once you have done that, Log in to you ACP. Look under Styles Admin > Management
8. Click on install
9. {Optional) General > Configuation set them template to defult. If you do not want your users to switch template.

sh8y

Reaction score
Sweet tutorial.

You made a noob feel good 'bout himself.

I changed my skin in like 20 seconds. Awesome.:D

michaelp

Reaction score
nice

but is way too easy install skins

JUST UPLOAD FILES, AND CLICK INSTALL
I have 14 years and i know install skin witout reading tutorials

admintwo

Reaction score
ok yea its easy to say just upload the files, and so on. But is there an easier way to upload it, other then having to upload everything little file one by one?

Thirsteen

Reaction score
ok yea its easy to say just upload the files, and so on. But is there an easier way to upload it, other then having to upload everything little file one by one?

I'm pretty sure X10's legacy file manager [or whatever they call it] will extract your zip for
so you could upload the zip in the templates file, extract it, and then delete the original zip

I'm not sure if it would work, I've never tried
But in theory, it should

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Come on, don't bump 3 year old topics... Just upload the .zip to the style folder and press extract in the file manager.