[REQ][1000 Credits] mysql data to excel to outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

relisys

Reaction score
ok i will pay 1000 credits, for some one to help me sort mysql data for MS outlook

now the problem is when i down load my mysql data to excel and then try to upload it to outlook it will not work,

you can find my original post here http://forums.x10hosting.com/scripts-3rd-party-apps/76495-mysql-data-excel-outlook.html

so if any one can do this PM me with the information your needing

you will be credited 1000 credit on completion,

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So you want to email the sql data? If the other user has excel too you can simply upload the excel file to like http://mediafire.com and send the link to the person you want to send it to.

relisys

Reaction score
well the point is its not just emails, is the rest of data i want to include,

for example:

My site fireworkdirect.com as 248 sites, every single site as a email, name, description, now iv found my link data on mysql but when i download that data and try to upload it to outlook, outlook will not sort it into my contacts,

so this is what im needing done, im needing the link data i.e emails name description into outlook but im just not having any luck with it

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
So you want to email the sql data? If the other user has excel too you can simply upload the excel file to like http://mediafire.com and send the link to the person you want to send it to.

x10Hosting has its own file sharing website called FileVIP which you may want to use. Anyway, do you mean you want to take the MySQL data and turn it into an Excel XLS spreadsheet, then email it via Outlook? I really don't understand what you're asking for.

EDIT: So you just want to export the email addresses and add them to your Outlook contacts? Sorry, I've only just seen post #3.

-Luke.

Last edited:

relisys

Reaction score
x10Hosting has its own file sharing website called FileVIP which you may want to use. Anyway, do you mean you want to take the MySQL data and turn it into an Excel XLS spreadsheet, then email it via Outlook? I really don't understand what you're asking for.

EDIT: So you just want to export the email addresses and add them to your Outlook contacts? Sorry, I've only just seen post #3.

-Luke.

yes!

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well the point is its not just emails, is the rest of data i want to include,

for example:

My site fireworkdirect.com as 248 sites, every single site as a email, name, description, now iv found my link data on mysql but when i download that data and try to upload it to outlook, outlook will not sort it into my contacts,

so this is what im needing done, im needing the link data i.e emails name description into outlook but im just not having any luck with it

ahh you mean taking the emails and add them as contacts? I thought you just wanted to send your mySQL db to some persons. Well, I would have known how to do that for gmail but I don't use outlook so I don't know how it works, sorry

relisys

Reaction score
yes that's what im needing done adding my website link details to outlook contacts,

sorry for any misunderstanding

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I could have done it if my mySQL want's to add the table. I need to test it. I explored outlook a bit now and I think I know how I can do it.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say that I'm not aware of an automated way to do this, I haven't used Microsoft Office properly for about 3 years now (I'm not a fanatic, I just favour open source apps if I can use them as a viable alternative). You may be able to write a script, but as far as I'm aware the Outlook data files don't use an XML or properly open format. I'm not sure whether you'll find anything, but a Google search threw up some potential results. Sorry I can't help further, and good luck :happysad:.

-Luke.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
wohoo success!

Create a php file with this:

PHP:
<?php
// set database server access variables:
$host = "localhost";
$user = "USERNAME";
$pass = "PASSWORD";
$db = "DATABASE"; 

// open connection
$connection = mysql_connect($host, $user, $pass) or die ("Unable to connect!"); 

// select database
mysql_select_db($db) or die ("Unable to select database!"); 

// create query
$query = "SELECT * FROM FIELD";

// execute query
$result = mysql_query($query) or die ("Error in query: $query. ".mysql_error()); 

// see if any rows were returned
if (mysql_num_rows($result) > 0) {
    // yes
    // print them one after another
    while($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
        echo "".$row[0].";<br />";
    }
}
else {
    // no
    // print status message
    echo "No rows found!";
}

// free result set memory
mysql_free_result($result);

// close connection
mysql_close($connection);  
?>

Edit USERNAME, PASSWORD, DATABASE and FIELD (// create query
$query = "SELECT * FROM FIELD";).

ALSO:
PHP:
echo "".$row[0].";<br />";
change the 0 to the row with the emails. If the row with emails is row 3 (example), change the 0 to a 4. 0 is the first row, 1 is the second, 2 is the third and so on

this is gonna echo a list like this

mail@mail.tld;
mail2@mail2.tld;
/.../

Copy this into a text document.
Now open outlook and choose import>other adressbook.
Then choose "textdocument".
Done!

I am pretty sure this will work because it worked for me.

relisys

Reaction score
ok well thats nice vigge_sWe

but iv done mine a diffrent way

this how i did it

i download the details vie excel format then i open the fil with excel, then i had to name range my details for each cell,

i.e for email cell i had to name the hole rang as email and so on and so on

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
ok well thats nice vigge_sWe

but iv done mine a diffrent way

this how i did it

i download the details vie excel format then i open the fil with excel, then i had to name range my details for each cell,

i.e for email cell i had to name the hole rang as email and so on and so on

so you fixed it your own way? Good :)

relisys

Reaction score
so you fixed it your own way? Good :)

yes iv been doing this for aleast 3 weeks and iv been pulling my hair out and every thing, and just all bottled down to adding names to each cell

its just one of those things i suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.