This Connection is Untrusted & The site's security certificate is not trusted!

Discussion in 'Free Hosting' started by ParallelLogic, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParallelLogic

ParallelLogic Member

I try to log into cPanel using both Chrome and FireFox and I get an SSL security certificate warning right after "Sign in complete! Redirecting to the control panel" appears on the screen.

Firefox Technical Details:
    vox.x10hosting.com:2083 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. The certificate is only valid for xo2.x10hosting.com (Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ucmsdevx

ucmsdevx New Member

parallellogic, the reason is because they have migrated the servers over and now vox.x10... is no longer usable as it is no longer around, but it is now xo2, the server ssl issue is because they are getting new ssl certificates for the new server, this should hopefully be fixed now

3. ParallelLogic

ParallelLogic Member

I attempted to sign into VOX/XO2 just now and am still getting the same SSL error.

I'm not in any hurry. I was just under the impression a "completed migration" implied "bug free". If they're still patching things I can wait it out until they make a new announcement

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  4. ucmsdevx

ucmsdevx New Member

the ssl error is just because the new ssl hasnt gone on yet, you can still login with it, if you wish its not a big problem it will still be secure just the cert is not from a reconisede trusted soruce

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dead-i

Dead-i x10Hosting Support Ninja Community Support

You can still safely push past this message. SSL certificates have been bought, but not yet assigned.

I should also add that, although account migrations are complete, we are still configuring certain aspects of the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. cuetrafi77

cuetrafi77 New Member

I always use Permanently add an exception in Firefox from I Understand the risk page, now and before. It used to happen when I log into my a/c from a new computer. Donnow why it happens. :confused:

7. ripplema

ripplema New Member

I am getting the same untrusted warning when I log on to cPanel and it persists for 3 days. I do not want to try it since this has caused me problems in the past. ParallelLogic have you resolved the problem and what was your solution?

8. caftpx10

caftpx10 Well-Known Member

They're currently using a self-signed certificate, just add an exception, it'll be sorted out soon.

9. bdistler

bdistler Well-Known Member Prime Account

new SSL certificates have been bought, but not yet assigned to the servers
    although server migrations are complete - they (Admins) are still configuring certain aspects of the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.