Which Forum Script to choose.

Which OpenSource Forum script to use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMan177

Reaction score
I wouldn't say 'powerfullest'.

It's supposed to be a lightweight solution, IIRC.

bnaylor

Reaction score
i would suggest that you go with phpbb3. im running it atm on my server take a look if you want designforums.co.cc ive been using it since the beginning of release 2 and have never had problems.

kkenny

Reaction score
It has now become extremely difficult to choose which is the best. But the competition is between SMF and PhpBB. I found conflicting statements about the security issues being discussed here. If any body is expert in both can you put in your view about it, so that becomes easy for me to choose.

More over, I extends my gratitude to all the members who voted and posted about the which forum script to use. Still got some more days to decide which one to go.

Well if you check your topic poll, phpbb won by a long shot.
PHPbb has a better community at their site so when you have a problem you can always contact them their. SMF's forums usually take me 1~2 weeks for my problem to get restored, which isn't good if you want your site to grow into a large scale site.

I just reccomend phpBB, because of professionalism type of BB (it's pretty good, like a free vbulletin) because SMF is just really simplistic, and very restricted in customization.

sunils

Reaction score
thanks kkenny. I will certainly look at the poll result when its time for me to tell the decession to my client.

SuperMAG

Reaction score
Punbb.org is the fast lightweighted simple forum software with all the mods requried to be the bes amoung of it ...

hrgems

Reaction score
I think phpBB3 is the best Open Source forum software available it is easy and comfortable also!!!

tittat

Reaction score
iam using e107.its proffesional,flexible,powerful and on constant development.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
phpBB3 FTW!
It is easy, free and you can do tons of stuff with it!
:)

dwd2000

Reaction score
I'm using phpbb3, along with Profile Manager (free). They can now be integrated. To be honest, I have not tried any other, but I've gone to many of the other's sites and was more impressed with phpbb.