Which is the best free DNS ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

torrey

Reaction score
I could be wrong but wouldn't the easiest thing be to point your domain back to the x10? Freedns is a great site but very limited in what is available and what they can offer. Plus with so many vendors getting involved it is harder to troubleshoot downtime. Get a domain name adn point it back to x10

port5900

Reaction score
It may not be the best cause you dont like the names it gives you for your web site. But for those of you that want to use it in a network, DynDNS Is the best for its up time and it works with alot of routers. I use it to jump from network to network. If you hosting from home or need to get access to your home computer its the best way.

kkenny

Reaction score
Only problem with DynDNS is that you can't set nameservers, you have to get the IPs of them, and even doing that you can only set one IP which is bleh.

anhminh

Reaction score
Does DSL router and ADSL modem has the same working ?
Why i cannot access to my DSL modem config? My professor some time come to fix the computer for me still open page 192.168.1.1 but i cannot open it? Maybe it is locked?
anyone show me how to open modem page?

Last edited:

anhminh

Reaction score
i do not know what is DNS, proxy is useful for?

Last edited:

theafterthought

Reaction score
For a much shorter domain name you can get a *****.tk address, either a free one that 'cloaks' your *****.x10hosting.com address (you can break out of this with javascript if you want) or a paid address for about $10 a year. Tk stands for the Tokelau islands... and it turns out through a quick wikipedia search that their GDP has increased by 10% due to funds from this service!

Not really an exact answer to the question, I know, but if you are willing to pay or put up with forwarding it's a good choice.

kkenny

Reaction score
Eh, I'm old-fashioned ... I prefer .com / .net / .co.uk

Although, if I had the $ to fork out every year, I'd want a .fm :biggrin:

I like .fm domains too. I mean, they look so cool and genuine :)

balaji2u

Reaction score
If you have a computer that runs non stop go get an account in no-ip.com and start your own server.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.