Why do people hate people for their religions?

Do you care how others act/believe?

• Yes

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • It bugs me

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I dont care

Votes: 23 33.3%

• Total voters

N2PGames

Reaction score
SEÑOR said:
This has bugged me for a long time. Why do people hate others for their religion or ways. i.e.

Jews, Homosexuals, ect. Why cant people just appreciate culture and stuff?

Do you ccare how others believe?

People hate others based on their religions b/c the think that their religious bleaves is better than the people they dislike, or if they have a issue with something in the persion who they dislike's their religion.

Ex: i do not dislike any ones their religion but i have never understued this "How can God be , God , His own Son , and the Holy ghost , and why are all the savers of each their religion have a book and where are the org books writtin by each and can we truths the historianes that say thoses are the org books!"

i bleave in god but do not bleave in any of the savers existence

Jacob

Reaction score
N2PGames said:
Ex: i do not dislike any ones their religion but i have never understued this "How can God be , God , His own Son , and the Holy ghost , and why are all the savers of each their religion have a book and where are the org books writtin by each and can we truths the historianes that say thoses are the org books!"
i bleave in god but do not bleave in any of the savers existence
I strongly disagree with you on that subject. I am a very strong and active Christian, and my faith is one of them most important things to me. I believe that God is the "3 in 1": the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Also by "savers" (I'm assuming you mean saviors), what do you mean by that? I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins so that no matter the crime, if we ask for forgiveness, we will go to Heaven and that Jesus Christ will come again to judge the living in the dead.

Despite my religious views, that should probably be posted in another subject. You saying you have never "understood" others religions, that's fine (possibly do a little more research and you may understand it better), but you should NEVER bash it, hate it, call it "stupid," etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you do any of those things, but everyone needs to respect others' views on personal matters, whether it be politics, religion, etc, because if you disrespect others, they will disrespect you. You gotta give others the respect they deserve, no questions asked.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Jacob said:
I strongly disagree with you on that subject. I am a very strong and active Christian, and my faith is one of them most important things to me. I believe that God is the "3 in 1": the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Also by "savers" (I'm assuming you mean saviors), what do you mean by that? I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins so that no matter the crime, if we ask for forgiveness, we will go to Heaven and that Jesus Christ will come again to judge the living in the dead.

Despite my religious views, that should probably be posted in another subject. You saying you have never "understood" others religions, that's fine (possibly do a little more research and you may understand it better), but you should NEVER bash it, hate it, call it "stupid," etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you do any of those things, but everyone needs to respect others' views on personal matters, whether it be politics, religion, etc, because if you disrespect others, they will disrespect you. You gotta give others the respect they deserve, no questions asked.

I respect your religion completely, believe what you wnat.
Dont take this offensive I dont mean it that way but heres something I never understood.

If Jesus was Jewish and formed his own religion or a religion was formed around him were the people who became christian jewish before they formed the religion round Jesus?

If they were jewish then they would know that you cannot believe in any other type of God but God himself, not his son, his sister, his daughter, no one just god. They could have respect like to a king or to a prophet, which I dotn think jesus was but that jesus was a savior.

If this is offensive sorry. I was just curious.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me at all as soon as they don't mess with my religion or try to "convert" me to their religion. I do hate that kind of people.

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Wow this thread has grown since I have looked at it last. Well this is what I have to say and it SHOULD answer the question of this thread perfectly.

Jacob said:

That's what you believe, but lets take Egyptians as an example. They believe in many gods (one for each thing in the world).

We all live in one world that we can interact & integrate with eachother. If the fairytales of all the religions do & control what they say they do, there can only be one religion & the rest are untrue/not real (fake). Who's is it? That is the question that tears different people apart.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, the point is not what you believe but if you respect people if they believe something different.

N

Nathan

I am not bias against race or religion. That's just stupid. There are plenty of reasons to hate each person individually.

mono1geek

Reaction score
the reason i completely lost my faith was because of peoples (mis)understanding of it all. they don't take the holy texts the right way and that causes them to think that they are doing their god a service by e.g blowing themselves up. I have no bias against religion, i just feel sorry for those who are involved in any religion

Equiflux

Reaction score
Yeah this is like the topic I've been looking for to post this:

Those comments were morons call you a Jew, like, "I owned you you stupid Jew!"

Those are REALLY dumb, I'm not jewish or anything but like how is that even an insult, to me, people who use "Stupid Jew" or "Your moma jokes" Are insecure fools who can't stand themselves so they have to describe other people as being lower than him/herself to feel like they have a place in the world.

And that gets me into chuck norris comments, those are SERIOUSLY dumb. Just had to say it.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Equiflux said:
Yeah this is like the topic I've been looking for to post this:

Those comments were morons call you a Jew, like, "I owned you you stupid Jew!"

Those are REALLY dumb, I'm not jewish or anything but like how is that even an insult, to me, people who use "Stupid Jew" or "Your moma jokes" Are insecure fools who can't stand themselves so they have to describe other people as being lower than him/herself to feel like they have a place in the world.

And that gets me into chuck norris comments, those are SERIOUSLY dumb. Just had to say it.
You should check out the myg0t forums! :) The main two insults are jew and "not so nice name for a black person"

PSP-Heaven

Reaction score
I voted I dont care. I mean, in my school, not only do we have people who believe in different stuff than me, we got people who believe in nothing, people who believe only in themselves, people who believe in the devil. Dont get me wrong, I am afraid of people believing in the devil, but I dont show it, and I certainly dont say anything about it. Most of the time, they bring it up once, and thats that. The only thing that DOES bug me is if someone keeps on bringing a religion up many times, or TRIES to convert me. And another thing that bugs me is if someone delibertly says something thats against my religion. Im Catholic, and the second commandment is dont use the Lords name in Vain. I tell me friends to please not say GOD damn. Two of my friends say it to piss me off, the other one says it out of habit. Those are the things that kinda piss me off.

lambada

Reaction score
Spartan Erik said:
i dont hate people specifically for their religion; i just hate it when they try to stuff it in my face and cram it down my throat

same goes for things regarding homosexuality, etc (which has been proven to be a genetic disorder; few more years of research and scientists will have a cure for it. apparently its a mutation in one of the mother's chromosomes that cause homosexuality)

I fully agree with your point on religion, however I am interested as to where you read that homosexuality is genetic. Please post some links to a scientific journal or 2 which support that hypothesis so that I can fully understand what lead to that conclusion.

For me the right of religion = the responsibility of not trying to pro-actively force people to convert.
And the right of homosexuality = the responsibility of not forcing your views on others and not going further than is considered the social 'norm' for whichever sexual orientation is prevelent in the society at large in public. IE in BRitain, gays kissing and so forth in places where hetrosexual couples do it is fine by me.

This is where I thuink the human rights act fails. It neglets to give each right a resonsibility which I feel has lead to the decline of a responsible society.

But hey, thats just my views.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Your right, it has to be a bond between man and woman. Lesbo's are fine only to watch , but no one likes them around in the female community either.
They should not be allowed to stay with the normal folk.

Have you ever noticed that the ones you see campaigning for equal rights for lesbians aren't the hot ones? ;)

Pergamon

Reaction score
People fear what they don't understand. Ignorance is the cause of all the problems. If people would bother to learn what a particular religion really stands for then they would be less likely to be all het up about it.

I am Christian, and I believe that if Christians acted like Christ, loving everyone and living what they believe, then we wouldn't be seeing so much hate coming from "Christians". Christ told us to turn the other cheek when attacked. Christ told us not to judge.

I do run into problems with people of other faith. In this small Arkansas town we have people of many religions, and many of them make assumptions about me. Because I do not meet their dress code then I must be a whore. Because I do not worship their god then I am not worthy of courtesy and the common respect due all humans. So, I avoid these people rather than have confrontations. I don't hate them, but I think they may hate me.

As for sexuality, I could really care less what consenting adults do in private, as long as they do it in private and don't involve me.

Pergamon

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I don't hate anyone for their religion, but same-sex couples, I hate them.....When they have got people of opposite sex, I don't know how, how they can choose the other way. Disgusting......

Delta123

Reaction score
The reason why i stated I don't care is because i really don't care about someone's religion until they try to convert me. I usually crack jokes with them, and also talk to them but when they try to convert me i just walk away. Now i'm not saying i hate religion, i'm atheist and i don't care about religion but doesn't mean i hate it. I try to be as respectful about someone's religious aspect although Me personally I don't like it. I don't know but sometimes respect comes before everything else to me

Flashgear

Reaction score
I don't care for this crap, I'm fine with them if they don't bother me.

But i can't personally say im a fan of the muslim religion.

warlordste

Reaction score
i don't care who relegion any one belives in none of them are going to be totally right it be them all combained that will make up the whole story but that my opion and every one is intitled to have there say and to belive in what ever they want thats why we have free will

eminemix

Reaction score
It's better in my country because (almost) all the ppl have the same religion :)

faolan

Reaction score
Well, as (apparrantly) the only practicing pagan on the site, I have to say that I don't care what others do in their own beliefs or practices. I have dealt with the evangelizers (the most annoying group in existance, IMNSHO) as well as those who refuse to deal with me when they learn of my beliefs.

Like many here, I merely ask that you don't thrust your beliefs in my face. If you wish to have a debate, that's fine... I'll debate with you, and I might even argue your side for you! It will help us both understand our positions and our faiths better.

As for the 'homosexual' thing, all I care about is if the people actually care for eachother. I am straight as an arrow, but I'm not bothered by working with or seeing homosexual males or females. Not my thing, but I have no right telling you 'go away'. If you're not willing to see them in public, then what right do you have to allow heterosexual couples? Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander after all.

Ultimately, the reason people hate others for things such as religion and race is that we are always looking for an 'us vs. them' situation. We have to find a reason why 'we' are better than 'them'. We banded in packs back in the mists of time, that later formed families, and then nations. Unfortunately, I cannot forsee a time where bigotry and discrimination will ever go away.