My Members area design

Joker Boy

Reaction score
Looks terrific, but I'm not a big fan of left-sided designs. 8.5/10 only because of the positioning.

Other than that, terrific! Great color scheme too :biggrin:

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
thanks joker boy. I am building code at mo, as well as writing a template for StarShine, so its a bit tough to keep it up to date at moment. However, I am going to be updating it, so it shall be centered if thats what people want.

CascadesAdmin

Reaction score
I like it. I think center postitioning would be better but its cood. 9.5/10

Question: how do you make the pages like page.php?p=blogroll or others. I would like o know how to make them.

Chris Z

Reaction score
In order to do that, you would do something like:
PHP:
if(isset($_GET['p']))
{
     $p = $_GET['p'];
     include($p.'.php');
}
"$p" would be your page. So if this script was called index.php, you'd do index.php?p=pizza to include the page: pizza.php

Does that answer your question?

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
well i did this:

PHP:
switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS[p]) {

case 'page':
       echo 'This is page one';
       break;
}

that code would create: page.php?p=page and it would display This is page one!

Its not the most secure, i do have a more secure script somewhere, I just couldnt be bothered to find it!

Archkronos

Reaction score
Actually, I can now. I like it, its cool and refreshing, but the page is a bit long, and I personally think it would look better if you would center the page, or make the design liquid so it makes the most of the whole width of the page.

Zenax

Reaction score
thanks for suggestions. Looking at your website Archkronos, I believe your ads to be in the wrong place. They need to be in header not footer

CascadesAdmin

Reaction score
In order to do that, you would do something like:
PHP:
if(isset($_GET['p']))
{
     $p = $_GET['p'];
     include($p.'.php');
}
"$p" would be your page. So if this script was called index.php, you'd do index.php?p=pizza to include the page: pizza.php

Does that answer your question?

yeah that helped sorry for the late reply, I had to re-format my hard drive cause of popups and such.

Archkronos

Reaction score
thanks for suggestions. Looking at your website Archkronos, I believe your ads to be in the wrong place. They need to be in header not footer

I thought they could be anywhere. It messes up everything in the header, too.

Zenax

Reaction score
I have taken it down due to inactivity. I have stopped developing it, and have decided to write a tutorials website instead