How does my site look?

DreadPirateCash

Reaction score
I'm pretty satisfied with it. I haven't made a site since the days of html but I think it looks pretty good. I can't think of anything else I need to add but it feels sortof empty to me. The forums is where most of my new content is going to go anyway but the main page is what everyone is going to be seeing. Click my banner to look at the site.

DreadPirateCash

Reaction score
its based off a template i bought several years ago for another site i used to admin. im not familiar with css's or the "new" way of things are done so it was designed in frontpage and i edited the code by hand. forums and blog are just installed by fanatico through the cpanel with some templates i found on the net.

rkzwars

Reaction score
would be better if it used the iframe window you have there instead of opening the forums/blog into new pages... just my thoughts, but nice work with the colors/theme

DreadPirateCash

Reaction score
would be better if it used the iframe window you have there instead of opening the forums/blog into new pages... just my thoughts, but nice work with the colors/theme

any chance you can point me in the direction of an faq or something on how to do that?

sorry bout the late replies, been a rough few days. im disabled so i spend all my time at my house with very little to do. ive been designing an xbox 360 game in my spare time and my site is to showcase what ive done so far and to try and find other people to help me finish it. i havent posted anything yet but thats what the general purpose of it is for.

vievie

Reaction score
Simple slice out an area where you want that iframe to show up and then, replace that sliced out image with a div tag or such and then insert an iframe there, http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/frames/_IFRAME.html is a pretty good intro to iframes. Also, you might want to use javascript to change the page title images like for "downloads", since you aren't going to be loading a new page, its just changes reloading the current page with stuff....

Check out this for the javascript stuff...http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_functions.asp

leed88

Reaction score
Like the look of your site. think its amusing the first thing up is donate button, I put ads up on my site before adding any content.

shaunak

Reaction score
Nice.

I personally dont care for dark shaded sites due the clashing of lighter images with the background.
But your site is done up quite well. By colourising all the images a tinge of blue you have reduced the "clashing".

I like it.

DreadPirateCash

Reaction score
Like the look of your site. think its amusing the first thing up is donate button, I put ads up on my site before adding any content.

well, the forums and the blog were working until yesterday. not sure what i did but i'll bet i need to reinstall it now and i didnt make a backup.

I'll look into the iframes, thanks for the suggestion. like i was saying before, I havent messed with this kind of thing in about 10 years

Last edited: