• Sort of

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Would like to

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters

sandogg

Reaction score
Hi all!
I know x10 has a very diverse worldwide community.

I was wondering how many speak another language/tongue , be it a second language or more.

Also do you think that it is important to do so, be it for communal, cultural, diversity, necessity etc.

It would be good if you could post your main/mother language/tongue and list any other one(s) you speak with reasonable fluency (I mean not just a couple of words).

For example my main language is English, I also speak French and Mauritian Creole fluently and I can understand spoken Hindi.

Last edited:

TauRo

Reaction score
I currently speak Italian as main lang, but I can understand and speak English pretty well.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Born with English, learned to speak Chinese (I lost all my reading skills), and would like to pick up German!

Nikolasr

Reaction score
I speak Macedonian,English,Serbian,Bulgarian,and litle litle France but 0.01% i learn:)

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I speak most of my native languages here. English, Urdu, Hindi and a few other regional languages.

kajasweb

Reaction score
My Native Language is Tamil (South-Indian). But, I'm fluent in English too.

voice

Reaction score
I would jokingly say that I speak two and a half languages. I was born in the U.S., so I speak American English. I speak it exceedingly well, as far as I'm concerned. I am also fluent in Korean, a necessary skill for a my current career as an interpreter. I also speak some German. I wish I spoke more, and I used to, but most of it fell out of my head when I learned Korean.
That said, I would like to learn some more languages. Chinese and Japanese are on my list of tongues to learn. I would also like to add the rest of German and maybe another Germanic language to the list. A Romance language would also be nice to learn, but the greater understanding I have of Romance languages, the greater the likelihood that I may accidentally learn Spanish (this is already an ongoing process in my life, as I live in California) and I have decided to, out of sheer defiance, be the only person in America who doesn't speak Spanish. I'm a jerk like that.
-Jake

Xemnas

Reaction score
I did study Chinese for a few years, but I got sick of it and stopped doing it. I don't remember much about Chinese anymore.

However, I would like to learn Japanese someday, it might come in handy if I want to find out about upcoming Japanese video games before anyone else ;)

Eric@TLG

Reaction score
main language is english wish i knew spanish tho. idk any other languages but would like to.

curt15

Reaction score
Speak English and can read more French that I can speak, I would like to become fluent in it, but I had to drop it for other subjects.

Last edited:

galen

Reaction score
Speak English, working on Spanish, would like to learn either Chinese or Arabic.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
My native language is English, but I am learning French and German. I think German is much harder than French.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I can get the gist if Spanish if someone were to speak it slow/give me time to read it and be able to reply back a little bit, but other than that, I suck at Spanish :p

mattura

Reaction score
English, Russian, French and a bit of Japanese (much forgotten since GCSE days)
I'd like to think that's a nice varied set

djhonda

Reaction score
well, I speak as mother tongue Italian and German but my English is also getting
better. A good idea to improve language skills is ,for my person, watching foreign
television series and internet pages :biggrin:

Kansy

Community Advocate
Community Support
Prime Account
Reaction score
I Speak, Spanish as a first language, Catalan and english ^^