Cannot Format microSD !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygorillanet

Reaction score
I am having a bad day!!! Was hoping to logoff soon but looks like ima be google-ing for a solution to my problem for most of 2nite, 2day, 2morrow...

My 2GB microSD just did a number on me. I pulled it out of my laptop while some files were still copying and when I inserted it into my iPAQ, it couldnt be read. I have reset my communicator, and tried to format it with both the laptop and iPAQ. Windows(vista) gives an error: unable to complete/execute format and all the usual crazy bull-bananas you get from Bill.

Help, anyone know any low-level formatting software or any method or trick that could shock this little piece of plastic back to its senses?

ps: from the esults of my google-ing so far, it looks like I am the 5 billion-th dude to mess up this way. No real solutions so far :(

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I could just imagine whats happening inside the SD..
a highway going at 80MPH, all of a sudden every car stops, and crashes...
more or less what happened to your SD..might as well try to format it with a magnet

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
You get the errors for Windows from Bill, why not try Linux instead to format it.

mygorillanet

Reaction score
You get the errors for Windows from Bill, why not try Linux instead to format it.

I thought about it. That will require me finding a pc running linux or Ill have to install it on my system. I think Ill give it a go...

Thx.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought about it. That will require me finding a pc running linux or Ill have to install it on my system. I think Ill give it a go...

Thx.

Look up "Linux Live CD" or "Knoppix Live CD" - won't require a hard drive to run :)

Basically that'll do linux via the cd/dvd drive and NOT require you to install it.

I've got 4 of them around in my room cause it seems when Windows blows up for any reason, Linux usually helps me get the disk formatted so I can start over on a fresh install :)

Status
Not open for further replies.