Google still deleting sites

sqtrax

Reaction score
As ever, when I create something new, I check to see if google bots find it.

My site which is in a sort of beta state, open to public and pretty much simplified finished.

After posting on this forum about hosting issues ie my site wouldnt load...including my signature, I found myself on google search, they had obviously found my post here and saved it automatically. (query was url=qtrax.co.nr) Yesterday I repeated the search and find it has gone.

I wont assume it was intentionally done but do wonder why it was removed.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know as I am quite intrigued and thought google was building not deleting.

sqtrax

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply tittat, I am stilla little confused as you are saying due to your site being down, google got a 404 error and that removed you due to being a failed entry... I understand that but My site hasnt touched google yet, I am talking about my signature on this forums google bot result being removed.

Surely a different thing ?

Sohail

Reaction score
You can use a .htaccess script to blobk googlebots from your site can't you.

tittat

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply tittat, I am stilla little confused as you are saying due to your site being down, google got a 404 error and that removed you due to being a failed entry... I understand that but My site hasnt touched google yet, I am talking about my signature on this forums google bot result being removed.

Surely a different thing ?

i queried the google and i can see your signature there. Isn't it here http://209.85.175.104/search?q=cach...tml+x10+forum+tittat&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=in ?

mattura

Reaction score
That happened to me a couple of times, I can only assume because the servers have been down a lot recently. When Google realises it has a broken link, it goes. Broken links can also be reported to Google by anyone.