Can your hardware run that game?

sunils

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.. We need to often check whether the game can run on our machine. If we know what our pc can run then we can choose among the games.

Good work....................

chisaku

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the link! Seems very useful... just for fun I decided to check whether or not World of Warcraft would run on my computer. It passed, but my RAM and Video Card doesn't quite live up to the recommended specs. It passed all of the minimum though, so I'm happy.

I'd wish they'd add more games to check if you can run them... still, it's a really good site! *Adds reputation*

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Crysis, COD4, and Bioshock will work for me (Crysis and COD4 work for sure since I'm playing them!)

Any suggestions on any other good graphic-intensive games?

lolerlol

Reaction score
I found this a while back. This is really convenient. Like how I found out I was just short of COD4's recommended requirements and how Crysis owns me. Damn, I need a new computer.

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score
You can try testing for Battlefield 2142.

Also a very intense game on your Video Card would be Medal of Honor.

The new one that is!

Clinton

Reaction score
Best site for a PC gamer. It's very useful to know which games I can buy and which to avoid for the time being.

intertec

Reaction score
My computer is weird! It plays COD4 and world in conflict but can't any other game! Like world of warcraft or fifa 07 or 08!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain this for Area 51 please?

Video CardMinimum: 32 MB 3D Video Card (GeForce3+ / Radeon 9500+ / Intel 915g+)You Have: RADEON 9250 (RADEON 9250 AGP (0x5960))

min_chart_2.gif
FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card
green_check_small_min.gif
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 128.0 MB
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - No , You have - Yes
Video HW Rasterization: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.0 , You have - 1.4

Please? I know I'm not that intelligent, but just follow me on this:

I apparently fail that section. But I have 3d acceleration, the required video ram (4 times as a matter of fact), I have the HW T&L, HW Rasterization, and the right pixel shader.

So why the hell did I fail if it actually meets the minimum specs?

OR, my personal favorite: X3: Reunion.

Video CardMinimum: 128 MB 3D DirectX 9 compatible video card with Pixel Shader 1.3You Have: RADEON 9250 (RADEON 9250 AGP (0x5960))

min_chart_2.gif
FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 128.0 MB
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.3 , You have - 1.4

Why's that my favorite?

Cause I last played it 30 minutes ago. Runs like a hot knife through butter.

And now you know why I don't always trust systems like that (I didn't get a chance to get Area 51 tested, the torrent's going a tad slow (if it's showing up fail, I'm not spending $$$ on it to have it not work, I'll buy it if it runs, runs well, and doesn't suck)). Nothing beats knowing the system inside and out.

Side note: X3 Reunion's only modification is a no-cd crack cause I friggin hate Starforce3; fairly sure X3 has a patch to remove it, and I'm fairly sure I already removed it, but the no-cd crack's there so it doesn't come back.

kkenny

Reaction score
Can anyone explain this for Area 51 please?

Video CardMinimum: 32 MB 3D Video Card (GeForce3+ / Radeon 9500+ / Intel 915g+)You Have: RADEON 9250 (RADEON 9250 AGP (0x5960))

min_chart_2.gif
Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 128.0 MB
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - No , You have - Yes
Video HW Rasterization: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.0 , You have - 1.4

Please? I know I'm not that intelligent, but just follow me on this:

I apparently fail that section. But I have 3d acceleration, the required video ram (4 times as a matter of fact), I have the HW T&L, HW Rasterization, and the right pixel shader.

So why the hell did I fail if it actually meets the minimum specs?

OR, my personal favorite: X3: Reunion.

Video CardMinimum: 128 MB 3D DirectX 9 compatible video card with Pixel Shader 1.3You Have: RADEON 9250 (RADEON 9250 AGP (0x5960))

min_chart_2.gif
Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 128.0 MB
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.3 , You have - 1.4

Why's that my favorite?

Cause I last played it 30 minutes ago. Runs like a hot knife through butter.

And now you know why I don't always trust systems like that (I didn't get a chance to get Area 51 tested, the torrent's going a tad slow (if it's showing up fail, I'm not spending $$$ on it to have it not work, I'll buy it if it runs, runs well, and doesn't suck)). Nothing beats knowing the system inside and out.

Side note: X3 Reunion's only modification is a no-cd crack cause I friggin hate Starforce3; fairly sure X3 has a patch to remove it, and I'm fairly sure I already removed it, but the no-cd crack's there so it doesn't come back.

Maybe it was because the program read your computer wrong or something. I don't know, I used it and it said that my computer couldn't even run a game that needed 128 MB ram for vid card, when I'm pretty sure I have 256 ish, and passed every other spec.

disturbedart

Reaction score
Its because your card structure doesn't meet the radeon 9500+ pipelines and the card you have is a Radeon 9250 which means it isn't the same pipline system as the 9500+, also the structure of how the card works is different to the newer 9500+ which means it will fail on core parts but pass on everything else but not core details.
The game will have the Radeon 9500 written into its core meaning no way around it.

In english,
The game will only accept cards that match the same names as stated above in your post (Radeon 9500+) meaning your card will not work with this game you will have to buy a more powerful graphics card. I would also recommend going well above the 9500+ graphics card to get full potential out of your games graphics and espically the same for X3.

Regards,
Disturbedart

Xemnas

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but I'm too scared to check any games. That's how bad my computer is!

Jesse

Reaction score
Haha ok. Xemnas? Maybe you could pin this topic? This topic could be useful for people here on x10 specially the gamers.

Foxhound

Reaction score
nice find! Definately better than downloading and installing a graphic testing program. This is way easier and well I wasn't expecting to be able to run Crysis but at least I can run it under minimum settings heh. Thanks for the link man.