Get "you.co.cc" domain to work with your x10hosting account.

Cliff Dude

Reaction score
Go to CO.CC and sign up. If you really don’t want to give out your address and crap, make it up, you can go back in settings and delete it later anyways.
Alright, you got your domain. You have two choices. Redirect and DNS nameserver.

Redirect is for noobs. This is what it does:
People type your URL, www.blah.co.cc, into their browser.
After a few seconds, the address bar shows “blah.x10hosting.com”
Ewwwww. Ugly.

DNS Nameserver is the way to go. If you did sign up at x10hosting (which I hope you did), then you need to put these two URLs into the namerserver boxes:

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Submit the form. Then it will say it will take 48 hours. It might, but it took 30 minutes for my domain to connect.

NOW. Go to your cPanel and click on “Parked Domains”. Put your newly-acquired domain in and wait. After a while it should work.
And the coolest thing about setting it up this way is that is functions like a real domain.
For example, if you have an /images folder, then a way to access it is blah.co.cc/images, instead of blah.x10hosting.com/images.

ORIGINAL SOURCE AKA MY BLOG

Mekryd

Reaction score
Hey, this is useful. I never knew that those were free, either. Thanks!

tittat

Reaction score
Hey, this is useful. I never knew that those were free, either. Thanks!
Yaa usually the co.cc domains are free.But you need to pay for VIP domains,Just like www.apple.co.cc www.sex.co.cc etc........

sunils

Reaction score
That a nice tutorial. But you can also make it direct to your domain directly rather than using it as a parked domain. Just login to the x10hosting (not the CPanel) and there you have a second box where you can specify the domain name so that you can change your previous subdomain for example

http://test.x10hosting.com

to

www.test.co.cc

Tom743

Reaction score
Also, if you dont want to enter all your details, disable javascript. then enable it after sign up.

kathy111

Reaction score
hey this is awesome i really didnt know u could do it directly i thought it was jus redirection...

Nikolasr

Reaction score
Woow nice tutorial thanks and on the co.cc who time will be updated dns?

scottnj

Reaction score
Oh wow, I am using co.nr, but I can't do that with the images. I would hve to use the blah.x10hosting.com/images for mine to work. I might just start using this. Thanks for the tutorial!

dohsan

Reaction score
Is there a way to make it compatible with a specific existing directory like domain.x10hosting.com/directory/sub would just be domain.cc/sub

Last edited:

Hauzer

Reaction score
Not bad guide, but why 'Park Domain', why not set it up as an 'Addon Domain'.