What's the best 3D Animation Software?

The Best Software?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

g-force

Reaction score
Soft Image XSI Advanced, its about a $5000 program, i obtained it for free by searching for hours, turns out it's way to complicated for beginners, but endless possibilities,

http://www.softimage.com/

Last edited:

jamesg112

Reaction score
I would say Flash CS3 well thats what I use and you need to code most of the animations

epoclaen

Reaction score
It depends on what you're modeling and/or animating.

3DS Max is good for game-based work. Maya is better for film animation. AutoCAD is likely better for work on design and architecture although I've never even used it. And I've never used Swift3D.

zBrush rocks for still, high-poly models and for generating normal, displacement, texture, etc... maps for low-poly models.

Besides Softimage XSI, Motionbuilder is good for animation needs.

I prefer 3DS Max but I don't limit myself to it.

javayathzee

Reaction score
actually it can be both, but it's not really a 3d GRAPHICS program... just a model design program for Mechanical Engineers :)

I use Blender (free) and Art of Illusion (free)

Sohail

Reaction score
Blender's a nice application ;). There's a nice one for Mac called Cinema 4D but the one for Windows would be Maya 7...

Trixter

Reaction score
Cinema 4D is for Windows too but Maya's better.

Last edited:

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
actually it can be both, but it's not really a 3d GRAPHICS program... just a model design program for Mechanical Engineers :)
I know exactly what AutoCAD as I am currently using it in my class to design Houses. So not exactly for just Mechanical Engineers but also Architects.

Darasen

Reaction score
Electric I mage is another high end application used in many places. ILM uses it so it can't be bad.

Despistado

Reaction score
there isn´t ""best" 3d software in the world , 3ds max maya xsi can do the same and autocad is a pain to create arquitectural i mean its too hard so the right question "must be" which 3d software is more easy to use than the "best" i use max cause i think is more easy to learn

like2program

Reaction score
I would have to say that Blender is at least equal to some of your options. I prefer it because of it's unique interface(and the free part helps too)