check out my xhtml+css+xml+xslt + some ajax site :P

LHVWB

Reaction score
It didn't take much time to load.

But I found this php error on the junk page.
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/yayann/public_html/php/functions.php on line 30

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/yayann/public_html/php/functions.php on line 31

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/yayann/public_html/php/functions.php on line 36
error fetchin results

Just one comment, maybe you could make the header or footer a bit smaller, because your content box doesn't seem to be big enough.

rudrorc

Reaction score
Other than the technical aspect, from a designer's point of view, I feel that you should change the color combinations for your website. You can work on the banner as well. . .I feel it is a bit boring.

tittat

Reaction score
I feel no delay in loading the images,mine connection is DSL.
The topmost left images seems to random.I feel some images are not impressing.And many of them are impressing too.

yayann

Reaction score
Hi,
yes I have seen the mysql error, its simply because I haven't had time to create the db, I have moved hosting...
At the heart, I'm more developer than designer so sorry for design quirks!
thanks for the advice though

theafterthought

Reaction score
Good site, nice to see someone using valid XHTML! There's some nice design touches in there, so don't knock yourself too much! I would probably make the "quotes" box smaller as it tends to dominate the screen as opposed to the main content. The fact that you're taking time to make it properly, with good cross browser support etc, should make it a very robust site ;)

Sohail

Reaction score
I don't like the colour scheme, the layout or the way the tables are used as it doesn't look that professional, but if you would on that, it would be much better than it is now... But for now i would give it 5/10 :).

yayann

Reaction score
I don't like the colour scheme, the layout or the way the tables are used as it doesn't look that professional, but if you would on that, it would be much better than it is now... But for now i would give it 5/10 :).

[shocked] :O I don't use tables! tsss... as for color scheme, les gouts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas :)

to theafterthought, thanks:) and while you're talking cross-browser support,seems the portfolio section doesn't work under IE :/ not much time to see to it...

shaunak

Reaction score
First: +1 for standards compliance...
Works on my opera 9.5 beta2 + Xp Sp2 perfectly. (screw IE really)
Second: It dosnt take that long to load.
Third: +1 for the desert color scheme
Fourth: +10000 for the quotes! ~esp. Star Wars ;)

A little comment: The quotes in black do not contrast well with the background image. Might I suggest #ffff99 or something slightly darker?

yayann

Reaction score
I noticed everybody says the pages load fast... not quite the case for me! guess its the dead-end in which I'm in (Reunion Island, Indian Ocean). Ah well..
Glad some people like the 'desert' scheme (as Shaunak says) :D

duffym

Reaction score
Hi Yann, I looked at your site, and I really like the cycling pictures and quotes. It would be cool if you could make them cycle based on something like a pseudo-style -- based on how the end user interacts with the site. But then it might confuse people to think the quote/picture is relevant to the content highlighted, so I don't know. Anyways, though, there was an odd bug for me: a couple of your graphic thumbs on the bottom were cut off for me and I couldn't scroll down to see them. I'm using the latest stable firefox @ 1024x768.

mike16889

Reaction score
it looks realy good but you may want to change the white on the main background to another colour its abit hard on the eyes to go from orange to white...

yayann

Reaction score
it takes time to load
>< i know.. well it depends on where u r it seems :p there are a bunch of images, also in the portfolio section (which i updated :p ) i'm too lazy to optimize the size of the pics ><

djchang

Reaction score
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/yayann/public_html/php/functions.php on line 30

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/yayann/public_html/php/functions.php on line 31

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/yayann/public_html/php/functions.php on line 36
error fetchin results

That is why this is in the Junk Page

yayann

Reaction score
Lol i know about that error, i had switched from another hoster, didnt bring along my db. And i have my site on my mac, as well as a skeleton db for testing, which explains the 'root@localhost'.. anyway there wasnt much on that page!

error fetchin results

That is why this is in the Junk Page