Mascot/Logo Competition - 1500 credits

tondopie

Reaction score
I need a mascot for my site, however I have been unsuccessful in making a very good one. I want one that can match up to the following:

GBAtemp (Sorry for the size):
mascot_v2.png

DCEmu:
logo.gif

A Nintendo DS themed one would be preferable. A general video game themed one is ok too.

Oh yeah my site is: http://opensourceds.net

The design I pick will win the designer 1500 credits (or more if I really like it).

Joshua_Abdon_Sly

Reaction score
You're site opened a bit slow, maybe it's my connection...
However, if I found the time to make you a nice Nintendo DS themed one, i'll post it;)

Sohail

Reaction score
Do you want one that is similar to to one you posted, by the way, did you make that one?

tondopie

Reaction score
any luck with one anybody?

BTW, I need not make the above logos, I'm just using them to set standards.

Last edited:

jjwinter

Reaction score
I got one I am working on... its getting close I'll post it when I am done.
Edit:
Here are 4 different versions of the model I made. Let me know what you think and if you want me to change anything.

angry_open.jpg
angry_smile.jpg
openEys_open.jpg
openEys_smile.jpg

Last edited:

tondopie

Reaction score
no, sorry its too close to my competitors logo, and it does not meet the requirements.

Retinal

Reaction score
It would help if you set specifications, i.e. an animal, certain colored clothes, certain style of drawing(manga, realistic, cartoony, etc.), color themes.

Here is my crack at it:
outputks5.png

It was a 30minute or so job, I can add specifications or detials, or even start from scratch :p

tondopie

Reaction score
It would help if you set specifications, i.e. an animal, certain colored clothes, certain style of drawing(manga, realistic, cartoony, etc.), color themes.

Here is my crack at it:
outputks5.png

It was a 30minute or so job, I can add specifications or detials, or even start from scratch :p

tondopie said:
A Nintendo DS themed one would be preferable. A general video game themed one is ok too.

The scrollbar is a powerful thing ;)

Retinal

Reaction score
Okay, how about a deranged pokemon? :)

EDIT:
Well I already read that, I meant as in anything more specific than a "ds theme",
as in any specifications, or just go wild :D

Last edited:

XGI Admin

Reaction score
Does it have to be human-like or can it be an object that revolves around your theme.

tondopie

Reaction score
it can be anything as long as it is DS or general Nintendo or video game related.

and also no Pokemon ;) . A DS related mascot would be great, you know maybe like a DS with hands and a face and such.

XGI Admin

Reaction score
I gave it a go but im not done yet =/ i need to figure out a way of getting a ds in the picture. I'll complete tommorow or maybe the next day.

Here It is:
(Sorry for the size)

osdsnio6.png

If you look at his popsicle stick (above) I wrote open source ds news on it =Þ

EDIT: I put it on a DS! I tried to make it as real as possible.
Also I engraved "Open Source DS News" On the bottom of the DS

osdsn2prevph9.png

I'll be making alot more untill it fits your intrest

Last edited:

tondopie

Reaction score
I gave it a go but im not done yet =/ i need to figure out a way of getting a ds in the picture. I'll complete tommorow or maybe the next day.

Here It is:
(Sorry for the size)

osdsnio6.png

If you look at his popsicle stick (above) I wrote open source ds news on it =Þ

EDIT: I put it on a DS! I tried to make it as real as possible.
Also I engraved "Open Source DS News" On the bottom of the DS

osdsn2prevph9.png

I'll be making alot more untill it fits your intrest

its getting closer but the guy is a little bit too close to my competitors. Could you change the eyes to something different then my competitor's. Could you also make a copy of your final version with the left arm sticking out where I could have it holding something?

XGI Admin

Reaction score
umm, if you could give me an image of what you want to put there that would help.

EDIT: I gave him the peace sign and also with his eyes i put screen shots of ds games, mario is in the center. (SORRY FOR THE SIZE!!!!)

face2xi6.png

Last edited:

withambition

Reaction score
Here is my design. The actual size is about twice as large and everything is customizable.

gameboyds2.jpg

Neurosylum

Reaction score
Here's a 500x100 banner. I made a vector of the DS (using my black one as a reference) and it's a whole lot bigger. My original file size is 1000px x 1000px. So, if you need it bigger, there's no problem. Here's uhhh "D"...the mascot... LOL

3p2nvw

Here's the logo by itself:
3qxggn

Last edited: