I got bored. Please look.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Last edited:

dwd2000

Reaction score
There are some HTML and CSS validation errors:
* http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.nuthinbutwebdesignlinks.com/
* http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...0&uri=http://www.nuthinbutwebdesignlinks.com/

Also you should add "img {border: 0}" to your CSS file to stop borders from showing arounf images that are used as links.
How about setting a background colour for people with wide screens (The image isn't wide enough.)
You may want to put the menu in a box of some sort.

WOW...I wasn't expecting this, but it's good.

I have now passed the validation tests. Looks like I'll have to do the same with my other sites.

I also use a wide screen monitor, (20" digital, 1680 by 1050 px) but never have the browser, or anything the full width or maximized. I leave about 6" to the right for accessing other stuff. My taskbar (XP) is also on the right side. I was assuming many visitors are still using old "tube" style monitors with lower resolutions. I could "repeat" the background horizontally, but I don't think the seam would look nice. I already have the background image fixed, so it doesn't scroll with long pages. (background-attachment: fixed)

I thought about the "box", but thought it was a little old fashioned, and also thought it might take away from the background pic a little more.

I wasn't expecting a technical response to my request, but I am happy I got one. I was expecting comments about the background more than anything.
Thanks for your help.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Thanks for the credits :)

I should add that sometimes its slightly hard to read the menu, because the text is grey and the clouds in the photo are slightly grey.
Also the image does take a little while to load. But apart from that I like the background, nice photo.

pandong

Reaction score
to be honest it is very bad.. the header is awful and the background image is just too much.

RRJJMM

Reaction score
I should add that sometimes its slightly hard to read the menu, because the text is grey and the clouds in the photo are slightly grey.

+1

That is a little hard on the old eyes. I liked the background though. It is unusual for a web site, but as long as things stay readable I think it gives the site some character. I don't have a wide screen monitior (just a little old laptop) so the menu can be somewhat inaccessable positioned that far to the right. As a general rule I much prefer if all the major menu items can be seen and selected without any scrolling.

Good luck with the site,

dwd2000

Reaction score
Update:
- moved the menu more to the left for smaller monitors,
- changed the text links to white, (didn't want to, but you can see them now)
- removed border around x10 referral banner.

For those of you who don't like it, it's okay. There is no way to please everyone. (maybe later I will have a skin chooser option)

No one has mentioned the fact that it is a link site to websites that help people design websites and such. Any thoughts on that?

jaco_don

Reaction score
I think your website have some error ... the links aren't visible .. but when you move the cursor over the link are than the links appear and move out the cursor the links disappear again

withambition

Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of the background... it doesn't necessarily fit. Also, try centering everything so that it looks a little better on wider screens. It's not that great right now, but with a few quick fixes you could turn it into a decent website. =]

JuniorD

Reaction score
just dont like the design of it all... hard for me to put in words.

dwd2000

Reaction score
I got the hint.
I'm now using SMF.
Actually, all 3 of my sites are now using SMF.