IT Students here?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not an IT student, but I do take an active roll in working with computerized equipment. I do things such as diagnosing Cable/DSL/Fiber connections, building computers, repairing them, dealing with software issues and the like. Today I had gotten someone's internet connection going faster, and will be faster even shortly since I suggested they'd call up their ISP since their DSL stats were good for more speed at the same price, made around $40 even though I do this stuff for the heck of it. Hey, that $40 will pay for one month of internet :p

And an IT student is someone who is studying Information Technology, hence the name. It can be anything from computer repair to A/V equipment and building and repairing devices.

Last edited:

catz154

Reaction score
Thanks Simth6612 for the definition, no I am not an IT student then.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I'm not a IT student at the moment. But in a few years ...

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Just finished year 9 last Friday. I'm studying GCSE IT when I go back to school in September; then I'll take some courses about the Internet and development at College/University when I've done all my GCSEs and finished school. I'll be involved in some sort of web development when I grow up :lol:.

-Luke.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Just finished my A-Level in computing (College) and will HOPEFULLY be starting my Masters Degree in computer game programming. Yup 4 years of games, games, sleep and food. Gonna be great :D

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Just finished my A-Level in computing (College) and will HOPEFULLY be starting my Masters Degree in computer game programming. Yup 4 years of games, games, sleep and food. Gonna be great :D

Cool! Hey, if you ever do start up your own video game company or you need some testers for maps and all in games, come to me! I love hunting glitches and screwing around in glitches. Often times, I use one glitch in some of my games to do about 7 other glitches in a chain.

Hazirak

Reaction score
I'm an IT student down in Georgia.

What? CS students living with rednecks? Impossible!

your_death_1994

Reaction score
I remember taking an IT class back in middle school, does that count?
Lol anyways I'm currently in high school, learning C++ and Java progamming, and I'm hoping to get an admission into some awesome college or university in two years. :)

Darkmere

Reaction score
I am an IT student ... Majoring in IT Computer Forensics and Security

theone48

Reaction score
Not officially no. but if Smith's explanation serves true, count me in. I love fiddling in electronics. BTW jaco_don, love your Conan avatar. A fan here too, by Crom!

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am an electronics and communication engineering student. and Internet gives me basic IT knowledge.

elegant_elegy74

Reaction score
I am an IT student. I just switched majors. I find that I really like the current course of study for this major at my university.