Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Compile failed!

I have wrote the following message to cPanel:
I am extremely frustrated with the quality of support coming from cPanel. As far as I knew my issue was escalated to 'EMERGENCY' status and Apache left offline for over 12 hours. Then a staff member comes on and apologizes for how it's been handled which tells me that on one was even working on my issue for quite some time.

I just tried recompiling Apache again and failed with the SAME messages I received yesterday, this tells me nothing has changed at all. Not only that, before I compiled I checked my httpd.conf, it was exactly the same one from yesterday with entries I made in it that should have been overwritten with a successful recompile?

This issue is not specific to this server, I also have 3 other servers that I've had immense problems getting Apache to recompile on correctly. Even the "BASIC" with no modifications option would not work correctly.

My most recent log file for the compile failure can be found at:
!! Verbose logfile is at '/usr/local/cpanel/logs/easy/apache/build.1218758643' !!

Again, I am very frustrated with the quality of support provided here. Please resolve the issues or let me know what I need to do to fix them.

Apache should remain up until I have further updates from cPanel. I'll post back when I have more info.

Plomos

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for continuing to work on this for us
Edit:
Thanks for still working on this Corey

Last edited:

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Holy crap, what happened to cossacks? Is this part of the updates? Everything is down, and exofire.net brings up a login box.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
my exofire.net subdomain is working for my site, but I'm on stoli...

I do get the htpasswd box on the main exofire.net site, however

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
exofire.net is a totally separate website from all subdomains.
It's like x10hosting.com and all the subdomains that the users can choose.

Cossacks is back online, it was being rebooted.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Final Update:

We have received a work around from cPanel. It's probably not the best solution but looks like it will work. We will be finishing our planned upgrade tomorrow. I have turned the sign-ups back on for now, it will take a bit for it to catch up on the current queue.

-Corey

hommetotem

Reaction score
Good, they were fast.

I also hope that the "high server resource usage" suspension script will have an update because recently it seems that a lot of people get suspended for that with no special reason. Today I just got my account suspended after changing one line on a page of my wiki, got the same case 2 days ago.

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
I may very well be missing something, but I've waited a few days now and my site is still down. I 'think' I am on the 'stoli' server (can't confirm because site is down). I'm not sure if some work is still being done on 'stoli' that's responsible for my site being down.

Can someone please help..?

username - ubx10hos

Thanks!

Gwame

Reaction score
I may very well be missing something, but I've waited a few days now and my site is still down. I 'think' I am on the 'stoli' server (can't confirm because site is down). I'm not sure if some work is still being done on 'stoli' that's responsible for my site being down.

Can someone please help..?

username - ubx10hos

Thanks!
It's back now.

Gwame

Reaction score
Just want to say "Thanks for the hard work. Keep it up!" ;)

Yes, please keep it up, because it's necessary. As soon as the server's back online, I get suspended for supposedly high resource usage. Then I got unsuspended, and before I knew it, I'm suspended again.

THIS IS MY SEVENTH TIME BEING SUSPENDED FOR HIGH RESOURCE USAGE.

Excuse the language and annoyance, but this really is ridiculous. If using File Manager is too much for the server to handle, it shouldn't be there in the first place. That being said, maybe it's just a messed up suspension script. Turn it off already. :dunno:

Edit: I got an infraction (not sure what that is...) for saying the BS word....

My Reply said:
Wow, you read that (my post here) and all you can think to do is give me an infraction (whatever that means) for swearing? And you categorised that under Spelling/Grammar? Ok I'll ignore that part for a second...

I said the word BS because that's what this is. Whenever the server actually works, I get suspended for high resource usage. Why can't you just turn off that automatic suspension script until it works properly? I believe I have the right to be annoyed at seven consecutive unfair suspensions. Situations like this call for the word BS.

Last edited:

Sanosuke

Reaction score
Yes, please keep it up, because it's necessary. As soon as the server's back online, I get suspended for supposedly high resource usage. Then I got unsuspended, and before I knew it, I'm suspended again.

THIS IS MY SEVENTH TIME BEING SUSPENDED FOR HIGH RESOURCE USAGE.

Excuse the language and annoyance, but this really is ridiculous. If using File Manager is too much for the server to handle, it shouldn't be there in the first place. That being said, maybe it's just a messed up suspension script. Turn it off already. :dunno:

Edit: I got an infraction (not sure what that is...) for saying the BS word....

I'm sorry admins but I just have to say something.

My site has been suspended more than 40 times due to the same reason. Unlike you, I know how hard Corey and the others have to put up with in order to get these servers stable. I'm sorry but if you don't have the patience for people trying to get these fixed as soon as possible, then you might as well be happy leaving.

If you're reluctant to do that, then consider paid hosting in the future. I know I am.

By the way, to the staff of x10, please keep up the good work. We truly appreciate it.

Last edited:

EdisonTigersAlumni

Reaction score
I don't want to derail this thread with a barrage of sidetracking comments, but everyone getting pissed to the point of cussing-out ANYONE, especially Corey & the other Admins...U REALLY NEED TO CHILL!

I've been using X10 for nearly a year now & YES, there have been "outages" from time to time...Since Nov this has by FAR been the longest. But like Corey(?) said in his rant a page or 2 ago, this is one of VERY FEW places where the host even gives a rip enough to have a forum where the members can stay abreast of the issues that the host is confronting. EVERY OTHER host would just have a default message "We're having technical difficulties...service will resume soon"! SO GET OVER IT or go somewhere else where U'll be paying to get messages like the above for prob the SAME LENGTH OF DOWN-TIME as U get here, but here it's FREE!

To Corey & the other Admins,
Like I said b4, U guys R GREAT & BY FAR the voices of the few are NOT the sentiments of the majority of the users here on X10! Thank you for UR service!
JSLM

brettzuya

Reaction score
i do have the same problem with you snosuke!!!! im about to ban by the admin!!! they send me infraction for being a spammer!!!!
due to the server shutdown i get mad of it!!! but try to get used of x10 you will know!!!

moltes

Reaction score
Stoli looks up and running now, that's great.

edit: or not...
edit 2: or yes ? that's crasy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.