Overall Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

hepalien

Reaction score
waiting for ASP.NET support will that also include Access support as well? I can be your guinea pig if you wanna test it on my account

hamsn

Reaction score
nice to hear. sounds good, but we will enjoy even hell when this update completes, till then enjoy though, sweet dreams, lol.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
-Emails before automated suspensions(Inactivity)
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Did I have enough 'e's in that to express my pleasure at hearing (reading) you say (type) that? Maybe...

:drool:

Ozzapoo

Reaction score
By the way, what does 'Improves ASP.NET Support' include? Since I want to be able to use some ASP.NET stuff with .Net Framework 2.0 in my web pages. Will this be possible?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
By the way, what does 'Improves ASP.NET Support' include? Since I want to be able to use some ASP.NET stuff with .Net Framework 2.0 in my web pages. Will this be possible?

Our servers are Linux ones, and Microsoft of course dosn't provide official support for ASP.NET for any OSes other than Windows. There is a project called Mono however, which allows ASP pages to be parsed. It's not official so there's guarantee it'll work with everything, but it works with most scripts.

I don't think it's installed on all the servers, so I believe it will be installed as part of the new x10Hosting revision.

-Luke.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We will be changing from ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0 with the upgrades.

I'm hoping to start implementing these changes in September.

bfagassiz

Reaction score
Just want to thank everyone for the hard work, I am enjoying the service being provided :biggrin:

moifotki

Reaction score
yap, i totally agree with bfagassiz))
Thank you, Guys, for this great opportunity not to pay money for GOOD hosting)

TomyVk

Reaction score
Thx guys, your the best. Ive never seen such a good free host like yours.
Awesome work.

Ozzapoo

Reaction score
Oh....Do you mind sharing where you get your mono packages from? I tried playing around with it in my Virtual PC but I couldn't manage to install it properly...

Ozzapoo

Reaction score
As far as I know, Mono is compiled from source ;).

-Luke.

I had trouble finding those sources...Since Mono for debian isn't officially supported :(

EDIT: Oh I'm stupid...FOund them ><" Just can't figure out how to use difff files.

Last edited:

kostas

Reaction score
Sounds good but I hope you stop the suspensions "high server resources usage". It really gets on my nerves!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds good but I hope you stop the suspensions "high server resources usage". It really gets on my nerves!

If what you're doing is simply light stuff, you might be being affected by a problem many people have been reporting, and in that case it's probably because of the backend work the admins are doing to the servers to get the new site online.

Status
Not open for further replies.