Please suggest improvement for my Engineering Website

Anirban1987

Reaction score
I, along with some of my friends have designed an engineering website. Its mainly based on HTML. Please suggest ways to improve it. Thanks in advance.

vol7ron

Reaction score
frames = bad idea

First suggestion, do without them. Especially to be recognized by search engines.

adamlinux

Reaction score
now did you hand code all of this, props to you if you did. But as far as suggestions I would suggest that you not use the frames that you scroll and instead just use the whole page, but that's just my own personal preference. Either way if you did this all by hand well done, because I know how tedious that can be.

dickey

Reaction score
Your logo also seems out of proportion on the first page. Maybe it is cross-browser compatibility issue. I am using Firefox 3 in Ubuntu.

sunils

Reaction score
The site uses simple design with frames. You can go in for seperate link and menus that would be a good idea. More over the logo is elongated. More improvement needed.

upadesh

Reaction score
you page link targets new page and i think it should load on the middle right frame.

xPlozion

Reaction score
dont force the banner to stretch (decrease the height, keep the width the same). it's ugly imo. you don't need to number the nav bar links either.

on your forums, you 1. don't need to keep the image as a gif (since it makes your banner look worse) if you know how do edit phpBB; and 2. if yo don't want to change the banner on the forums, you can add the background to it, so it doesn't have rough edges

Mafuzzer

Reaction score
Your logo also seems out of proportion on the first page. Maybe it is cross-browser compatibility issue. I am using Firefox 3 in Ubuntu.

Same thing with me. I'm using IE7 on x64 Vista Ultimate :biggrin: