installing gallery 2 issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holeepassion

Reaction score
I wants to install gallery 2 manually. I have been trying to follow their instructions, including clicking on the install directory for auto installation. However, when I click on the directory, nothing happens. Does it mean that x10hosting does not support auto installation ?

If so, is there another way apart from installing with fantastico auto installer, as I want to integrate with drupal 5.x. I am just trying to follow the steps with the installation. So, I am kinda stuck here !!!

Thank you

http://www.holeepassion.com
administrator

holeepassion

Reaction score
Please request a PHP Level upgrade at http://www.x10hosting.com/account

Thanks for your suggestion. I followed steps on how to install gallery without much hassle. While I am following the steps, there is a mention of CHMOD the directory's permissions to 777, then once installation has completed, make sure you CHMOD permissions on /gallery2/config.php back to 644.

How do I do that ?

Thanks

holeepassion

Reaction score
thank you .... not sure if it is something I did or what with permissions or due to installing gallery 2. now i cannot access my Drupal website which was working . could somebody inform me of what I did wrong or what/how to fix ???

thanks

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, but you should ask in the programming help section where members ask about third party scripts, or you could pay about 50 credits and have someone install it for you in the X10 shop.

holeepassion

Reaction score
Thanks Twinkie

I have asked in the programming section. I still have no help, so I want to try restore but it does not seem to work for me.

I am wondering how to restore to get back everything to the original form as per backup. Is that possible, like a restore facility in Windows ???

It does not seem to work for me ????

Thank you

Sorry, but you should ask in the programming help section where members ask about third party scripts, or you could pay about 50 credits and have someone install it for you in the X10 shop.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
You would have had to back up your files before the install. Imagine how much space automatic backups would take on the severs, what a headache o_O

Go with someone installing it for you at the X10shop, what would you use with 50 credits anyway. 9,000 credits buys you a free domain. Thats like 3 posts.

I'll try to help you the best I can in the other thread :)

Last edited:

holeepassion

Reaction score
where is that x10shop you are talking about ????

yes, i have had done the backup on the 12.01.08, recently. I think I did the full backup so i want the website as it was before. I think that saves me trouble as I can start reinstall the gallery 2 again ... :d

thanks for your kind replies so far ... i would pay, name how much you want :D

You would have had to back up your files before the install. Imagine how much space automatic backups would take on the severs, what a headache o_O

Go with someone installing it for you at the X10shop, what would you use with 50 credits anyway. 9,000 credits buys you a free domain. Thats like 3 posts.

I'll try to help you the best I can in the other thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.