Mac or PC

rmaslic

Reaction score
Are you a Mac or PC person or a linux

I am prefer PC because of Gaming but I like linux too. I dont like Mac partially because of there agressive advertising campaign.

Last edited:

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
PC. I find that there is much more software available for Windows than Mac. Also, they can be upgraded, tweaked, bent and upgraded to your will.

xPlozion

Reaction score
for gaming, i'm a pc person. if i had no intentions of gaming, i'd prob go w/ mac. but since i game all the time, my vote's for pc

adam.k

Reaction score
I prefer Mac, partially because that was the first computer we had in my house, but also because overall I do prefer the Mac OS. I find the argument that there isn't as much Mac software as Windows software invalid because there is plenty of Mac software. Granted, there are some applications that only run on Windows, but since Apple switched to Intel Processors, if you really need a piece of software that only runs on Windows you can just install Windows as a secondary OS on your Mac. For games, there do tend to be more games for Windows versus Mac however. I definetly prefer Mac for media editing such as video and audio. I've tried it with Windows and I'm definetly not a fan.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Neither. I do not like Apple or Windows.

When in doubt,
Try Linux out!

Linux runs smoothly and reliably on a box that Windows Vista and OSX crash on! More and more windows programs are becoming compatible with linux (including games). And linux is Free! Software for most linux distros is Free. In fact, for some distros, it is illegal to charge people for linux software. You can't beat that. In todays time and age when 64-bit Windows is exorbetantly priced, any 64-bit linux distro will provide you with even more power, and they're all free!

When it comes down to Mac vs. PC though, it really depends on what you want to do with them. I like Windows better because there are just some programs that are not compatible for Macs. Mac is doing their best to make sure that there aren't too many, but just 1 incompatible program is all it takes to keep me on Windows. I do like the apple platform though because it is built on Unix instead of msDos. I don't have too much experience with Macs so I can't say too much about them, but the one time that I tried using one extensively, it kept locking up and freezing and making me have to reboot, it was a MacBook Pro. That was not a good experience, so I'm not sure how good apple really is. Are all apples like that?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Being the gamer that I am I vote PC. Macs are nice units and sure, I can mess one up just as easilly as I can mess up Windows or Linux, but that's no reason why I chose PC.

naerey

Reaction score
Neither. I do not like Apple or Windows.

When in doubt,
Try Linux out!

Linux runs smoothly and reliably on a box that Windows Vista and OSX crash on! More and more windows programs are becoming compatible with linux (including games). And linux is Free! Software for most linux distros is Free. In fact, for some distros, it is illegal to charge people for linux software. You can't beat that. In todays time and age when 64-bit Windows is exorbetantly priced, any 64-bit linux distro will provide you with even more power, and they're all free!

When it comes down to Mac vs. PC though, it really depends on what you want to do with them. I like Windows better because there are just some programs that are not compatible for Macs. Mac is doing their best to make sure that there aren't too many, but just 1 incompatible program is all it takes to keep me on Windows. I do like the apple platform though because it is built on Unix instead of msDos. I don't have too much experience with Macs so I can't say too much about them, but the one time that I tried using one extensively, it kept locking up and freezing and making me have to reboot, it was a MacBook Pro. That was not a good experience, so I'm not sure how good apple really is. Are all apples like that?

If it's just 1 program that keeps you on windows, you can just get an emulator on a mac and you'll be able to run that program. Of course, your system has to be about twice the power to run it smoothly...
I'd say mac is the best choice out there, for a consumer, but it's rather expensive! Cheapest desktop computer, the macmini(which I have) costs like a cheap windows notebook...

Windows for me, is pretty much out of the question. Gamewise? Quake3 runs perfectly on mac :p

burner35

Reaction score
Windows Vista easy. Macs for one have barley any playable games (to my knowledge). Second, there software is horrible. Thirdly, my Adobe software runs horrible on my Mac, runs way faster on windows.

vekou

Reaction score
so it's not a battle of hardware, but OS? from what i know today, mac already runs on an IBM-compatible hardware, not like before that needed it's own proprietary hardware. so i'll vote for PC..

naerey

Reaction score
Windows Vista easy. Macs for one have barley any playable games (to my knowledge). Second, there software is horrible. Thirdly, my Adobe software runs horrible on my Mac, runs way faster on windows.

Firstly, most games released nowadays that are released for windows are released for mac too.
Secondly, their software is amazing. For just about anything. Video, photo, documents, music.. what do you need?
Thirdly, maybe that's a question of hardware? :S

so it's not a battle of hardware, but OS? from what i know today, mac already runs on an IBM-compatible hardware, not like before that needed it's own proprietary hardware. so i'll vote for PC..

That makes no sense!

Jordan C

Reaction score
Mac. I just got my 2nd ever Mac yesterday, and boy I love it.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
PC all the way (that's only because linux runs better on it than on a mac. lol):lol:

Agenator

Reaction score
1 word: hackintosh :p (and no smiley face w/ the p doesn't count as a word)

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I have to say PC and to put it short: there is more software, more options, more games and more viruses! With Macs, everything is restricted and designed in such a way, that other than graphic design, I could not use one. I think that with a PC, with Windows or Linux, you can serve any purpose that a mac can with the same or better results, while a mac can only compete in the narrow range of graphic design. PC IS LAW!

vinayan

Reaction score
I prefer Mac, partially because that was the first computer we had in my house, but also because overall I do prefer the Mac OS. I find the argument that there isn't as much Mac software as Windows software invalid because there is plenty of Mac software. Granted, there are some applications that only run on Windows, but since Apple switched to Intel Processors, if you really need a piece of software that only runs on Windows you can just install Windows as a secondary OS on your Mac. For games, there do tend to be more games for Windows versus Mac however. I definetly prefer Mac for media editing such as video and audio. I've tried it with Windows and I'm definetly not a fan.

I really agree with you man , i do work for a leading advt agency , i use bot mac and windows , but for editing purpose mac is 100 % prefection

darkuredi

Reaction score
I dunno, I've owned windows all my life, I do know people who have owned macs and I've loved using them however personally, after using windows all my life I would find it difficult to navigate any other OS. I disagree with some of the statements here, I don't like windows gaming compatability, some of my favourite classic games do not work on windows vista, including Creatures 1&2 and Red Alert C&C. I also had major problems running the Sims 2 which was incredibly annoying, after finally forcing it to work the graphics were screwy and temperamental. Simply, I think games that could work on XP and 98 etc should definately work on Vista however many of them don't which I find a complete let down. Just shows why I prefer to have a gaming console than play on the PC. On the other side I love the graphics editting capabilities on the mac, we had one at school in the graphics department and it is incredibly fun to use.

KalebSzabo

Reaction score
I like both equally, So if i could choose both, then both.
PC: Cause Best gaming platform and multi-purpose platform.
Mac:Best recording platform i know and best software platform.

xPlozion

Reaction score
I disagree with some of the statements here, I don't like windows gaming compatability, some of my favourite classic games do not work on windows vista, including Creatures 1&2 and Red Alert C&C. I also had major problems running the Sims 2 which was incredibly annoying, after finally forcing it to work the graphics were screwy and temperamental. Simply, I think games that could work on XP and 98 etc should definately work on Vista however many of them don't which I find a complete let down. Just shows why I prefer to have a gaming console than play on the PC.
well, you shouldn't expect a buggy os to run games that used to work on xp and 98. i run xp pro sp3 and have no probs w/ games. my brother has vista and can't even run ms office 07 w/out problems.

swirly

Reaction score
My friends cracked open a Mac and said they found something like aluminum foil in the bottom. People argue that Mac has better customer support. I say sure! If I paid 2 grand for a computer thats probably triple what it should be, I'd better get damn good support. Macs are eye catchers thats why people want them. If they weren't so pretty people would think of them just like a PC. Macs are crap in my opinion. I think unless you are doing design or something then use a PC. But even then, why is a Mac so much better? Do you not use PS just like on windows? Sure it has the movie thing, but windows has some pretty good movie software. The only reason I would want a Mac would be for garageband. I tried Linux once but couldn't find software for the life of me or get it to connect to the internet. I tried to get Wine working but it absolutely refused. And if someone says you can't get a virus on a Mac I'll slap them across the face. Thats like saying you can't get a virus on Linux. YOU CAN, you just HAVEN'T. Just like Linux, its just harder to make a virus than on windows. And I'm pretty sure you can still get malware and ad-ware and such. So again, after everything everyone has said, "Why Mac?" :)