Who Here Grabbed Windows 7?

jpucila

Reaction score
Grabbed a leaked Microsoft link for the 32-bit version 2 hours before the beta went live, and then grabbed a key some 4-5 hours after the beta went live (lucky refresh).

I read that someone installed Windows 7 on a 1 GHz processor and 512 MB RAM and "ran well". Fortunately I have a similar machine which can challenge this statement, my test machine in question is a 1.3 GHz P4 and a 512 MB RAM. I plan on installing tomorrow, and if successful I'll post some benchmark stats here.

Anyone else grab the beta?

It did not successfully run on my machine of 1.0 GHz with 512 ram

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It did not successfully run on my machine of 1.0 GHz with 512 ram

1: That CPU is too slow! You need a faster one :)
2: The RAM is just cutting it, but it is enough to handle Windows 7.

hcse26

Reaction score
I'm currently grabbing Build 7000 through a BT leak. I'm curious on how it will run on my Pentium 4 powered machine.

It currently runs on Vista quite well [after some major upgrades] so I think it would accept Windows 7.

:D

Last edited:

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I'm currently grabbing Build 7000 through a BT leak. I'm curious on how it will run on my Pentium 4 powered machine.

It currently runs on Vista quite well [after some major upgrades] so I think it would accept Windows 7.

:D

It depends on how much RAM you have, but Windows 7 runs OK (not as good as XP did) on my Pentium 4 PC, but it does have 768MB RAM and integrated graphics (which got 1.0 :p).

Last edited:

eboyer

Reaction score
I looked at it earlier today actually...it just reminds me of windows vista but without the annoying security pop-up dialogs.

jafbox

Reaction score
i tested and still am testing windows seven and i would say there is alot of work to be done were they have the souce of the files still unencrypted so you could write ur own OS if ya wanted i am a proud xp user but i like the beta for windows 7 btw i have tryed over 21789 applications on it and they all work i hope that helps all you future users of windows 7

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

tds888

Reaction score
Downloading in progress, should be interesting, can't be worse than Vista!

Mongoose92

Reaction score
I have it, and play on it every now and then, but in the last week, despite not having used it, or that hard drive at all, it's messed up the install? It looks great and I love it, a definite improvement on Vista when the full version comes out!

tridge

Reaction score
It is an improvement on Vista, I like it. Been using the x64 bit version and it's installed all of my software and games without a problem and took to my new hardware very well (Alienware 7500).

dakiwi

Reaction score
lol vista isn't that bad ;) but 7 is a definate improvement faster in most respects than xp :)

mad-tony

Reaction score
If I get around to testing it will be in a virtual machine image.....

tridge

Reaction score
I have to go buy a new network card, my Netgear wireless WPN311 is not compatible. I have to buy a WG311 apparently...

theexefiles

Reaction score
At first I d/led it then ran it in virtual machine with 512mb ram but it was a bit laggy so I decided i'd just make a new partition and use it, but something went wrong with the partitioning and it messed up my computer :( So now the only OS I have installed is Windows 7 because whenever I try to install Windows XP I get an error message :( That's happened on 3 different XP install disks now which sucks.

tridge

Reaction score
So I tried 3 Netgear pieces of hardware, WPN311, WG311 and the Wsomething N USB Adapter. None worked! I went and purchased a $30 PCI "Dynex" (Best Buy in house brand) and it worked!!!!!!!! I can't believe that a $80 wireless card would not work over a $30 el-cheapo card, blows my mind.