I have an announcement to make...

lair360

Reaction score
Dear readers, bloggers and geeks,
I am happy to make a toast to all readers that my server is now stable after the "Secondary DNS" integration. So, if one DNS server is down, three will take over and if 2 is down, the other will take over. This is usefull if your website is down for maintainence. But, there is a price for this...you'll need to pay!
But, I am doing this for my readers and IT students so that they could recieve their tutorial faster, safely and efficiently without downtime.

tittat

Reaction score
"Secondary DNS" integration looks like a cool idea.But can you please explain how you did it???
And how much does it costs??

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
"Secondary DNS" integration looks like a cool idea.But can you please explain how you did it???
I may be mistaken but I think his secondary DNS isn't much different than x10 having NS1.x10hosting.com and NS2.x10hosting.com - should either fail, there's a backup in place to point to the site. Personally I'd be more worried about the website itself than the DNS, but maybe the DNS was giving him more headaches.

lair360

Reaction score

Hi Tittat! To be able to get a secondary dns, you will need to go to this website and purchase it.

1 domain = £10 pounds per year.

http://www.mtgsy.net

P.S. If any of you guys are taking their services, please tell them that I reffered you! Just give them my website name: lair360.co.uk. This is because, I would like to help them! That is all I wish!
Edit:
I may be mistaken but I think his secondary DNS isn't much different than x10 having NS1.x10hosting.com and NS2.x10hosting.com - should either fail, there's a backup in place to point to the site. Personally I'd be more worried about the website itself than the DNS, but maybe the DNS was giving him more headaches.

No, it doesn't give me headaches. I just need time and patient to integrate my secondary DNS. That is all, so...NO MORE DOWNTIME!! :biggrin:

Quotes....
---------------------------
"Backing up your DNS zones on Microtech's secondary DNS servers means you have a copy of all your vital information on several totally redundant networks. In the event your current DNS servers experience a problem visitors can still find their way to your sites and mail servers. All this is easily managed via our web based control panel. You can make DNS changes whenever you like on your servers, and we'll replicate them across our network of dns servers. For disaster recovery purposes you can promote your secondary dns service to full primary service at any time with the click of a button."

Last edited:

lair360

Reaction score
got to love ingenuity

Don't forget to play Chess often!
You brain can think better if you play more....:biggrin:

Anyway, if you're going for a backup, please go for a secondary backup!

Cheers!

chingola

Reaction score
Dont take this wrong, but it is hard to do any biz with a guy using the lair in there name, just seems wrong to do. Kinda like doing business with "Doowe, Cheetem, and How Inc." Sorry just my penny. Seems like a good thing though.

Last edited:

lair360

Reaction score
Dont take this wrong, but it is hard to do any biz with a guy using the lair in there name, just seems wrong to do. Kinda like doing business with "Doowe, Cheetem, and How Inc." Sorry just my penny. Seems like a good thing though.

"Lair" is reffered as a dragon.

P.S. What you're saying is a little too...you know...(sensored).....

Anyway, who cares who tries to insult me...I had worse ocassion than this quote. :biggrin: