my site works finally, please review

garrensilverwing

Reaction score
through the server downtime i worked a lot on the news and email articles, but i wanted to get some feedback on the overall design and what not :) a few pages are missing (emails home, emails archive, news home, news archive, and books) it works best in IE7, FireFox, or Safari, in IE6 there are a few issues with the graphics but it still works. anyway constructive feedback wanted ;)

http://brianwallchess.x10hosting.com

**edit**

the advertisements dont work because my google adsense account was suspended for not having a privacy policy, im hoping it gets restored soon since i added one to my site

Last edited:

Steeevoe

Reaction score
Your site looks awesome, fantastic layout but I am experiencing glitchyness when I scroll down the page. Probably due to lots of stuff being on it.

garrensilverwing

Reaction score
Your site looks awesome, fantastic layout but I am experiencing glitchyness when I scroll down the page. Probably due to lots of stuff being on it.

I think it has something to do with the drop shadow that I have on it...I dont think the internet likes .png image files

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hi,
THis seems very like the version I reviewed yesterday. The Email & News drop down seem to have broken links ans take me away from the site.

garrensilverwing

Reaction score

I removed the dropshadow (which was a png file) and now it scrolls smoothly on my computer how about yours?

nightbandit

Reaction score
Your layout is broken. I'm viewing your website on Firefox from a Linux machine. You should add scrollbars to those text blocks in the middle. Your sidebars have text/images overlapping other text.

garrensilverwing

Reaction score
Your layout is broken. I'm viewing your website on Firefox from a Linux machine. You should add scrollbars to those text blocks in the middle. Your sidebars have text/images overlapping other text.

anyway you can get me a screen shot? i dont have linux so i dont know how to recreate this problem, cause it works fine with firefox on windows :(

nightbandit

Reaction score
anyway you can get me a screen shot? i dont have linux so i dont know how to recreate this problem, cause it works fine with firefox on windows :(
Visit browsershots.org

I've attached a screenshot too.

Attachments

• Screenshot-Welcome to Brian Wall's Chess website! - Mozilla Firefox.png
    Screenshot-Welcome to Brian Wall's Chess website! - Mozilla Firefox.png
    419.9 KB · Views: 19

Steeevoe

Reaction score
That SS looks much better than I view the site as. Mine has errors between the blocks of text where ads have been placed :S

rahulkhatri

Reaction score
really nice

nice layout easy on the eyes great work

You could add something flashy to it though