Starting Your Webpage from Frontpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmfg

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I've been making websites for a while, but this is my first time publishing one online myself, so I need some help. How do I publish a site from Frontpage using my domain here? I searched the forums for a while, but found nothing. . .
Thanks!

frankfriend

Reaction score
I've done it by making the site in Frontpage, then uploading the files using CPanel File manager, Upload.

In Dreamweaver i use the on board FTP facilties.

trentc

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I've been making websites for a while, but this is my first time publishing one online myself, so I need some help. How do I publish a site from Frontpage using my domain here? I searched the forums for a while, but found nothing. . .
Thanks!

If you like Front Page, then I suggest you upgrade to Microsoft's replacement, Web Expressions. One important improvement is that it can now make a FTP connection and edit your site live.

For some reason Front Page does not do that even though you could make an FTP connection with it. Has anyone else been able to "save" their work with the save command while connected via FTP?

Last edited:

madmfg

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
But now it's doing something wierd. . .
I try publishing, but after i enter my domain and user name and everything, it thinks for a few minutes and then says "FTP session terminated" Now what?

baker86

Reaction score
I uploaded my site using a program called WinSCP, which is a handy little freeware program that is compatible with Windows Vista, can upload using FTP, SFTP, and SCP, and has other useful features. I've been using it for a couple years now to upload stuff to the school server, and it works for x10, too. It's pretty easy to use, too. It can be found at http://winscp.net

When it first opens, just click New, type your domain into the "Host Name" box, and your username and password, then click login and it should login and allow you to upload your files by simply dragging them. You can even save your information for easier access.

trentc

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
But now it's doing something wierd. . .
I try publishing, but after i enter my domain and user name and everything, it thinks for a few minutes and then says "FTP session terminated" Now what?

As I mentioned in my previous post, Front Page FTP does not function as expected.

madmfg

Reaction score
As I mentioned in my previous post, Front Page FTP does not function as expected.

point well noted : )
and thank you, baker86, for your advice as well.
I've got it working now (woohoo!) but i just used frankfriend's method- path of least resistance, right?

But I have another quick question. (it should probably go in another thread, but oh well) I have a video on my site, and it's not playing. I just get an empty box. If I open the webpage copy on my computer it shows the box, asks if i want to run Active x controls, and then plays. But when I open it via internet, all it shows is the empty box.

Thanks so much guys!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Make sure the path is correct. Then, you can try accessing it directly to make sure it's accessible. Also, note that extensions are case sensitive. JPG is not the same as jpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.