Site Functionality Review

freecrm

Reaction score
www.freecrm.x10hosting.com

This site has been in development since May of last year and is now pretty comprehensive with a good number of active users.

The styling detail has already been through a number of reviews, but I would now appreciate reviews on the site functionality itself and general first impressions.

Before you go launching yourself onto the link, you will need to login to get an idea of some of it (use the demo account - details below), and you will need to register to understand all of it... but hey, its free and I'll delete your account afterwards if you want!

SEO is the next step, but I want to make sure it look good, feels good and does good before bombarding it with hits.

Any contributions are appreciated.

Demo Account Login:

Username: Demo
Password: Password

PS just don't comment on the meta tags yet.

PPS the forums are just a phpBB3 template and do not need reviewing.

PPPS if the link doesn't exist, cossacks server is playing up again!!!

nightbandit

Reaction score
Uhh... that "Signed is as:" message is pretty annoying. Especially since it scroll with the page (fixed? is that what it's called). It would be fine if it just stayed in the white space on the right side, but sometimes it blocks content (try resizing your window to 800x600).

Back to functionality. It's really easy to use. It looks very professional. Not much to say here, nothing needs to be improved.

By the way, you have a problem with your CSS. On line 248 of page2.css you forgot to put a unit after your number (250 px).

Great Job.

freecrm

Reaction score
Uhh... that "Signed is as:" message is pretty annoying. Especially since it scroll with the page (fixed? is that what it's called). It would be fine if it just stayed in the white space on the right side, but sometimes it blocks content (try resizing your window to 800x600).

Interesting viewpoint.

Originally, the design didn't have this in and just had a simple line (css: relative) in the header. However, I was noticing from the logs that several users had registered; gone onto an access restricted page and then put that into their favourites. As a result, when they viewed the page from cache and couldn't access what they should be accessing, they got confused! Duh!

As a result, this fixed box was put in to clearly illustrate at all times what their login status was - a real "hit over the head" message just for those who are cranially challenged!

I'm not sure how else I can get round this issue?:dunno:

Back to functionality. It's really easy to use. It looks very professional. Not much to say here, nothing needs to be improved.

High praise indeed - thanks.

By the way, you have a problem with your CSS. On line 248 of page2.css you forgot to put a unit after your number (250 px).

Good call - I'll see to that.

Seeing as you spent a good 17 minutes going throught the site, I'm giving you 200 credits for your efforts.
Edit:

Great Job.

Sorted

Last edited:

nightbandit

Reaction score
Interesting viewpoint.

Originally, the design didn't have this in and just had a simple line (css: relative) in the header. However, I was noticing from the logs that several users had registered; gone onto an access restricted page and then put that into their favourites. As a result, when they viewed the page from cache and couldn't access what they should be accessing, they got confused! Duh!

As a result, this fixed box was put in to clearly illustrate at all times what their login status was - a real "hit over the head" message just for those who are cranially challenged!

I'm not sure how else I can get round this issue?:dunno:
Try setting the left and right (or just right) margin to a percentage, and give the fixed box a percentage width that will fit in that empty space. But, to keep the layout from breaking I would set a fixed (pixels) min-width for the empty space and the fixed box. Of course you could add a max-width if you wanted so that you don't get extremely huge boxes and empty spaces.

Hope I helped.

Seeing as you spent a good 17 minutes going throught the site, I'm giving you 200 credits for your efforts.

You're always helping other people out, it's the least I could do. 200 credits returned.