Google Chrome 2 30% More Faster

freenetter

Reaction score
I haven't actually noticed my version of Chrome 2 running any faster at all. If anything, it now takes longer for it to start up, and the PDF viewer loads slightly slower than before when opening PDS in-line in the browser. I still love Chrome, but, having data allowances in Australia on our internet plans, an ad-blocker and other such extensions for Chrome are sorely missed by us Aussies ;)

lala123

Reaction score
@fuy64 : I'm the same. My old screen standard resolution is 800x600 :happysad: , so a compact style would be better, beside that, I have only 384 RAM, not much resources for visual effects.

Back to the topic, I found an interesting website http://www.consumersearch.com/web-browser-reviews . It say that Google Chrome is the best about browsing speed and searching. So the Google Chrome 2 will be faster, indeed. But beside that, Firefox still the best browser, in the overall comparison.;)

fguy64

Reaction score
Do any of the Chrome users here have trouble with X10 forum login? It seems like I am always "losing" my session, and I have to frequently log back into the forum. It seems to be timing out, and it happens when I have multiple tabs open and I am away from my x10forum tab for a while.

tittat

Reaction score
Do any of the Chrome users here have trouble with X10 forum login? It seems like I am always "losing" my session, and I have to frequently log back into the forum.

Have you ticked "Remember Me" before you login here at x10 forum?

Last edited:

fguy64

Reaction score
Have you ticked "Remember Me" before you login here at x10 forum?

Yes thanks I have tried that. Remember me checkboxes on the page don't seem to have any effect anywhere.

A side issue is, I do have Chrome prompt me to remember the password. That works most places. Interestingly, Chrome will remember my account login details at x10hosting.com, but will not remember the login at forums.x10hosting.com.

I do not think this remember thing would solve the "losing session" problem, but it would save me from retyping my password. If it worked with forum login, see above.

Anyways, I have some experimenting to do, I just haven't got round to it yet.

regards.

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
i agree with you fguy64 but this problem is only on chrome mozila is working fine

fguy64

Reaction score
i agree with you fguy64 but this problem is only on chrome mozila is working fine

really! ok thanks for the heads up. I have only used Chrome recently, and I have the problem primarily with this board (vBulletin ) and another board (JForum) but not so it seems with two other boards I visit, one is phpBB, the other is vBulletin® Version 3.6.8. I need to test this more rigorously.

edit: confirmed as described above, only a problem on some sites, x10 is one, the other that uses vbulletin is no problem, session is never lost.

Last edited:

tridge

Reaction score
I use Chrome for my primary browser just for a change from Firefox, although I like the extensions like adblock and noscript for Firefox. Sometime though soon Google promised the ability for users to create extensions, so I'm holding out.

I also didn't use it for a while because it didn't work well on x64.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Fguy64, are cookies enabled on chrome? Because if you have set chrome not to accept cookies from x10 or not accept cookies at all, that is probably your problem.

fguy64

Reaction score
Fguy64, are cookies enabled on chrome? Because if you have set chrome not to accept cookies from x10 or not accept cookies at all, that is probably your problem.

yes cookies are enabled, or else I assume I wouldn't be able to log in at all. I can see x10 saves 5 cookies on my hard drive. I have restricted 3rd party cookies, but that shouldn't be an issue. Like I say, it's only a problem on some sites, and not all VBulletin sites I have the problem with. Note that it is definitely time relatated. If I go back to x10 within 5 or 10 minutes, I am still logged in.

lala123

Reaction score
I don't think that's a browser problem, I think it's belong to the VBB configures since I have same problem with my ff browser sometimes.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
fguy, do you have your browser set to automatically clear the cookies, or clear your private data at certain times?

pplsearch

Reaction score
Well, I'm very happy with the speed of Chrome right now, and I'm pretty sure I have the first version downloaded.

A more compelling reason for me to update would be for some of the first plugins that were developed. But even now, I just switch back to Firefox whenever I need to use a plugin.

fguy64

Reaction score
fguy, do you have your browser set to automatically clear the cookies, or clear your private data at certain times?

neither, there is no option to automatically clear cookies, at shutdown or any other time. You have to log out.'

I would tend to agree with lala123, although there is probably a little more to it. Like I said, I have other VBB forums that do not seem to show the problem with anywhere near the frequency of this one.

no big deal

fguy64

Reaction score
I have noticed several times with Chrome that a tabbed pane will "separate" from the rest of the application and you end up with two instances of the browser, one with just the "separated" tab, the other instance with all the rest of the tabs I had open. weird.

It seems to happen during periods of high resource usage when I am bouncing back and forth between tabs.

axeline

Reaction score
I tried Google Chrome out as a Beta not so long ago, from using Firefox, and wasn't very impressed at first glance. I quickly switched back for its lack of customization.However, my computer was having a few problems at one point and what I really needed was a quick browser that would open as soon as I clicked it and I didn't have to mess about with once it had opened.Chrome was exactly what I needed. After trying a few browsers and being disappointed, I came to Chrome with low expectations but ...