Hard to find games

lolimaru

Reaction score
I've been looking for PC games either RPG or MMORPG made by small groups of people. I'm having trouble finding low budget games that aren't made by some big company. Years ago I was always able to find 2d MMORPGs that people made, now I don't know where to look or what to search for.

I'm wondering where I can find out about all the homebrew games that have been released over the years. It's hard to just stumble across one of their websites on google.

mattura

Reaction score
That's because the good developers have been sucked up by the big companies - that's what those companies do best! And the developer prefer to work for cash, rather than for free...

I agree I have noticed that too, especially with flash games - there used to be many independent devs, but now all I see is more involved games, with adverts, pre-intros etc of companies stuffed inside. What happened to the good simple games?

If I had the time, I'd develop my games to a suitable release, but sadly, I don't, so I have hundreds of unfinished projects (mind you, I'm not very good at wrapping things up!)

Last edited:

lolimaru

Reaction score
That's because the good developers have been sucked up by the big companies - that's what those companies do best! And the developer prefer to work for cash, rather than for free...

I agree I have noticed that too, especially with flash games - there used to be many independent devs, but now all I see is more involved games, with adverts, pre-intros etc of companies stuffed inside. What happened to the good simple games?

If I had the time, I'd develop my games to a suitable release, but sadly, I don't, so I have hundreds of unfinished projects (mind you, I'm not very good at wrapping things up!)

Sweet games you've got there. I enjoyed the Sinksub one the most.

I wish I knew how to make flash games. I never could get motivated enough to read Flash tutorials even though I hear it's not too hard.

If I could find a free RPG engine I'd try that out.

mattura

Reaction score
Sweet games you've got there. I enjoyed the Sinksub one the most.

I wish I knew how to make flash games. I never could get motivated enough to read Flash tutorials even though I hear it's not too hard.

If I could find a free RPG engine I'd try that out.

lol, thanks! I guess I should have have some kind of reward/finish for the PirateTrade game...didn't really get round to it. As you could see, I was working on the shady figure in the tavern when I got too busy to continue...I may pick it up again one day.

As for sinksub, that was a little project to teach my cousin how to program in flash. Did the trick! I should add a scoreboard, like on Escape (which was actually my first proper flash game!)

I have looked into MMORPGs, and especially with ajax and facebook. The problem is you have to poll the database for changes, so time-dependent games don't work well. You can have turn-based games though, without too much difficulty.

aymen215

Reaction score
well there is alot of free 3d game out there that's why the sales of video games decreased.