Anyone use this program...?

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
Does anyone use a program called Malwarebytes current version 1.40?
I heard it's pretty good!

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I gave it a try a while ago, but while it found a buch of trojans that everything else so far had missed it was unable to find the root virus that kept recreating those bads when ever they were deleted. It was spyware nukes that finally found the root and got rid of it.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
MalwareBytes is a good program. I use it quite frequently along with HijackThis! when cleaning nasties from PCs. I find that SUPERAntiSpyware is also a great program as well to try. Upon removing programs, SUPERAntiSpyware can in fact terminate the processes of infected files if they're running, and will quarantine the file.

steronius

Reaction score
I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on every computer i'm asked to "fix" (non-profit)
Also somewhere (maybe these forums) i found "UnHackMe" which cleaned some rootkits, although user-interface has much to be desired, it did quite well.

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score

Malwarebytes is the only virus detector and remover I use. I find it far better than those company antiviruses like Norton, who only scan for viruses that don't exist anymore, and who only make the programs to basically get money, not to truly help people rid their computers of unwanted software.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
I actually find that running MBAM in conjunction with Avast! Anti-virus and SUPERAntispyware to be a great combo. Of course if you know what you're doing, HijackThis! is a very handy tool as well.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
smith, I love your sig, that is awesome... an ROFL chopper
:D!

No, yet....but it seems to be a anti-virus program isn't??

It's roughly like that, but it isn't meant to be an Anti-virus program. It's more along the lines of an Anti-Spyware program. When it comes down to it though, anything, whether spyware, viruses, trojans, hijackers, etc are all considered Malware so pretty much you should get the point.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm sitting here mesmerized watching it.

When is ROFL copter 2 coming out? :D

Whenever I make one myself with scenes from Saving Private Ryan :)

Last edited:

palmettoexpress_ceo

Reaction score

I use this program all the time at work to combat spyware and malicious attacks. I like that it will fun a full scan for free and fix the issues plus report them to me. The software leaves a small enough foot print on the hard drive that it can easily be left installed for futher use. I would highly recommend this product to anyone that has never used it.

Another good program to look at when working on cleaning up a PC is CCLEANER. This program will delete all the unwanted junk in your PC. I also highly recommend this program. Tun it on your PC and you might just be amazed with the space you find!

Thanks,

Andrew

pentium42006

Reaction score
Malwarebytes is a very good program. I have found that it is more successful if ran in Safe Mode, making it able to remove some viruses that it wouldn't otherwise remove in the regular OS boot.