What do you think of my website logo?

free bbt

Reaction score
I am a complete n00b when it comes to PS...

BB+for+logo14.png

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's rather bulky but I'm not sure how you plan to integrate it into your Web site. Other than that, it looks great.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
`it doesn't look quite clean (with the beveled and shadow)
`I wouldn't associate it with a top-quality service, since they couldn't get a nice clean crisp professional looking logo.

that's what I think, don't take it to offense, i know what i said might offend you; but it is just how it seems to me.

free bbt

Reaction score
It's rather bulky but I'm not sure how you plan to integrate it into your Web site. Other than that, it looks great.

Well it is going to be the header for my blog. Here is how it looks on the actual site:

http://freebbt.blogspot.com/

I'm glad you like it. :)
Edit:
`it doesn't look quite clean (with the beveled and shadow)
`I wouldn't associate it with a top-quality service, since they couldn't get a nice clean crisp professional looking logo.

that's what I think, don't take it to offense, i know what i said might offend you; but it is just how it seems to me.
Don't worry about offending me, that is what I am looking for constructive criticism.

Any advice on how to change it to make it more like it belongs to a "top-quality service"?

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well I just did a google search for logo ideas
and I found this nifty site: http://logofury.com/

basically what I look for when I look at a company is how good their logo and/or website is. That usually gives me a sense of their service.

In a logo, I look for clean lines, crisp design, innovative ideas, and up to date "tactics"

hezuo

Reaction score
Just a constructive critic: the image looks cool, but the letters don't.

free bbt

Reaction score
Just a constructive critic: the image looks cool, but the letters don't.
Ya I was thinking the same thing.

I am gonna redo the lettering, but I am not sure how to do it...

Maybe something like:

email2.png

Or? Any advice?
Edit:
OK here is an updated version:

BB+for+logo19.png

Better? Worse?

The white on white causes it not to work on this site. Click here: http://FreeBBT.blogspot.com to see how it actually looks.

Last edited:

darknes

Reaction score
There good, i think the first one is on the big side and the second one is still a bit big and you cant realy see the logo well in the cell phone.

moiety

Reaction score
I'd lose the glow on the icons if it were me. Makes it look out of focus. Also, work on your image at least twice the size it's going to be & then resize it down as the last thing you do....hides mistakes & your end image is sharper.

pr11de

Reaction score
I'd lose the glow on the icons if it were me. Makes it look out of focus. Also, work on your image at least twice the size it's going to be & then resize it down as the last thing you do....hides mistakes & your end image is sharper.

I agree - and for the text - I do like the black stroke - but take it down to 1px - and maybe give it a drop shadow to give it some depth.

free bbt

Reaction score

When I was working on it it was over 10,000 pixels and then I resized it down to 700.

But I'll try it without the glow.
Edit:
I agree - and for the text - I do like the black stroke - but take it down to 1px - and maybe give it a drop shadow to give it some depth.

Thx I'll try that.

Last edited:

moiety

Reaction score
A little extreme, but the image should be sharp then. Must be the glow.

free bbt

Reaction score
There good, i think the first one is on the big side and the second one is still a bit big and you cant realy see the logo well in the cell phone.

Ya I agree I'll try to tweek the logo or just remove it.

free bbt

Reaction score
Ok I made a bunch of changes based on the suggestions. How does this one look?

bbforlogo28.png

playminigames

Reaction score
i think that the logo is very good, but i would eliminate 20% of the little icons, as it makes it look a little like a rainbow.

moiety

Reaction score
I like it. If I were to do anything to it now, it would be the drop-shadow under the wording. It's a little dark and sharp, so I'd seriously blur it and use transparency on the layer until it looks 'right'. Also, I'd move the shadow left a bit.

But that's just tweaking the tweaks. It's fine as it is.

Last edited:

pbmuja

Reaction score
Cool, simple and the message of that illustrates the logo speaks for itself. The Text for Blackberry is quite too strong and it has no contrast. You put too much shadows and the beveled is too sharp try to adjust it and make it more smooth. Its just my suggestion as a fellow graphic designer.

Last edited: