Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsocietygaming

Reaction score
I am having trouble with this. I used "SiteReptile Website Builder" for my site's design. I have a new design made in frontpage so I need the other template and file gone. I cannot figure how to do this and if so what I would remove. I also am having trouble with my site's directory. It is "/home/m3dalz" but I want to change that to "/home/newsocietygaming". If anything is there a way I can pretty much start the database nice and fresh as the way it was when I created the account as I know more about the functions and everything then I did when I started working therefore alot of the work is a little sloppy. Thank you!

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
You cannot change your cPanel name (same as home directory) but it doesn't affect your website at all. Concerning the SiteBuilder website, I might need some confirmation, but you can safely delete every file present in the /home/m3dalz/public_html folder, so go ahead and delete them.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am having trouble with this. I used "SiteReptile Website Builder" for my site's design. I have a new design made in frontpage so I need the other template and file gone. I cannot figure how to do this and if so what I would remove. I also am having trouble with my site's directory. It is "/home/m3dalz" but I want to change that to "/home/newsocietygaming". If anything is there a way I can pretty much start the database nice and fresh as the way it was when I created the account as I know more about the functions and everything then I did when I started working therefore alot of the work is a little sloppy. Thank you!

you won't be able to rename it to newsocietygaming, (well you can, but you have to find an admin in a really good mood, and right now phpmyadmin is messing up, so i don't think anyone can take care of this) also you can delete this account and make a new one with that, but that would not be worth it since nobody, other than you, sees the m3dalz

and to get rid of your old site, just erase all the files in your www/ directory, by either FTP or cPanel, and upload your new files.

and if you need to clear out your db, you can just delete them. and make it again, since phpmyadmin is taking a while to load.

newsocietygaming

Reaction score
alright thanks for the help guys =) Yeah I will just have to delete a mySQL and reinstall phpbb but thats not even a slight hassle thanks alot! And the m3dals thing I just wasn't so sure if they would ever be able to see the directory name if I made a public access index.

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
People will only see the stuff that is inside the public_html folder, unless you manually set up some intense redirection.

Status
Not open for further replies.