Who Here Grabbed Windows 7?

bethel

Reaction score
I got the 32-bit release candidate and installed it on my laptop. I use it every day and can't get enough of it. It is way better than Vista which is what I originally had. Vista crashed multiple times and 7 hasn't crashed yet. I love Windows 7!!!!!!!:thefinger

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Who's grabbing their's tomorrow?

Won't be grabbing the release version of it tomorrow, however I will be in the coming months to transfer my Vista license to another PC and install Windows 7 onto this machine as well as the other PCs I have. Apparently people in the UK are getting their pre-orders of Windows 7 early due to a postal strike from what I've heard.

tridge

Reaction score
I still have the signature edition from my party still sitting on my shelve.. Can't muster up the time to install it.

mjserv

Reaction score
If some part of Windows 7 is behaving strangely, and you don't know why, then click Control Panel > Find and fix problems (or 'Troubleshooting') to access the new troubleshooting packs. These are simple wizards that will resolve common problems, check your settings, clean up your system and more.

felabria

Reaction score
WOOHOO nice Windows 7 available to download now from microsoft :D that's really nice, because i don't need to worry i won't break my dvd or get scratches on it

Last edited:

ryu-ka

Reaction score
Windows 7 is sweet! It's so much less of a resource hog than Vista, and the GUI is nice. Although I don't like it as much as Mac OS X Snow Leopard, it's still nice, and I recommend it to anyone who is currently using Vista.

zeppfrog

Reaction score
I've got it! This is amazing!

And not only that: IE8 is so much better than Firefox!

lets see how you feel about that after a few days of nagging "security" The ms answer to security is to ask you if you want to be asked if you want to open/download/run something? Umm, nothing against the mentally challenged, but that is retarded and a complete annoyance. It is like built in banner ads, and the solution is to make IE8 (and Vista) less secure than any other browser/OS just to get rid of the annoyance. (barely on topic?)

lemme know what you think of 7, after living with it a bit
Edit:
I just loaded vista after having it laying around a couple years. had to solder new capacitors onto my fx5200 to get it to go again thus gaining me my nice trasnparencies. Glad i got my video card going again, that geforce2 mx400 barely played my games. Oh, yeah, vista. what a pig, I thought I was falling behind, but when I installed the service packs it has already eaten up 50 gig, and its still installing updates. This is a road to nowhere really. How much room does 7 need? it was bad enough when xp ate 4 gig, as opposed to win 98 and its 175mb OS. I stuck with XP from my first install all the way through Vistas shelf life, ya know, I may just go ahead and do it to 7 too. cause none so far have created a new internet for me, one that downloaded mega faster and let ya go back to a phone line to do it. None have really saved anyone money. more tech learning for each new os, old software dieing away cause it wont work, new hardware demands... Anyone ever just say "Why?" ? I do.

Last edited:

jmood123

Reaction score
All Mircrosoft did was add even more crap to there already crappy vista OS and then called it "Windows 7" I was suggest either keeping xp or switching to a Linux OS, because one they will run a lot better any way and two why would you want to waste that 2gbs of RAM you could be using to power an awesome game or run a server of some type.

I am using about 500mbs of my RAM and I still have a good 2gbs left to use up which will still let me do a whole lot more then having to settle with 1gb or having to buy more which will cost even more after you buy a computer.

But this is what I think you will have a different opinion any ways. ;)

lynnwood

Reaction score
... Anyone ever just say "Why?" ?

WHY?

I guess that if I had a spare PC and if I had a free copy of it and if I felt like I needed to "learn" about the OS for my job or whatever, then maybe, --just maybe I would waste my time with Windows 7.

If you want to keep up with M$ technology, your time would be better spent checking out Windows Server 2008 R2.

coolv1994

Reaction score
I just Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and it is so much better than Vista. I just have to reinstall all my stuff =P

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Only problem with Windows 7 is the slow downloading speed.

You can try adjusting the auto-tuning features in Windows 7, or disabling it all together to accommodate for your connection. I easily get 1MB/s on my DSL line from Windows 7 which is full speed. My Windows 7 install is inside of a Virtual Machine which is running inside of Windows Vista. Vista and my older PCs get the same speeds too.